Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netflix: Punisher Season 2

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I enjoyed season 0.5 (Daredevil S2) and season 1, so I plan on watching this second season, too.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I was pretty disappointed in Season One, probably not going to watch Season Two.
    It was a letdown compared to the trailer for S1. That was pure awesome.

The left can't seem to handle that they make the govt out to be this evil, all powerful cabal that must be stopped, and at the same time is the solution to all their problems. Interesting cognitive dissonance. S1 did drag on at times, but Berenthal carried the series.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Really? They’re doing the “Christian fundamentalist” preacher thing?

I mean, they already did the evil white mercenary sleeping with the heroic Afghani-immigrant/child of immigrants thing.
    “God doesn’t need your good works, but your neighbor does.” - Luther

Quote Originally Posted by 1168
    7.5” is the Ed Hardy of barrel lengths.

Feedback Score
    Started the first episode. Not bad so far.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Started the first episode. Not bad so far.
    I'm three episodes in and enjoying it.

It's not as good as it could be, but it's as good as I've come to reasonably expect from Netflix.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post

I mean, they already did the evil white mercenary sleeping with the heroic Afghani-immigrant/child of immigrants thing.
    Remember now, the Obamas are at the helm of Netflix. So expect to see more of that.....
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    The main villain is apparently an "Alt-right, christian fundamentalist", which could either be really interesting or really bad and agenda-driven depending on how it's handled.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post

Gotta push the agenda . . .

Buckle Up, The Punisher's Season 2 Villain Is An Alt-Right Christian Fundamentalist
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc.../#428bebff5f29

Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    My Son told me Disney has bought the Marvel franchise and Net Flicks will no longer be able to present any more of the Marvel movies.
    Anyone know if this is correct?
    Disney is gobbling up everything, yes they purchased Marvel but Netflix is still streaming Marvel films and Marvel Cinematic Universe television series:

• Marvel's Daredevil
    • Marvel's Jessica Jones
    • Marvel's Luke Cage
    • Marvel's Iron Fist
    • Marvel's The Defenders
    • Marvel's The Punisher
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 01-21-19 at 05:51.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post

Disney is gobbling up everything, yes they purchased Marvel but Netflix is still streaming Marvel films and Marvel Cinematic Universe television series:

• Marvel's Daredevil - Cancelled after season 3
    • Marvel's Jessica Jones - Rumored to be cancelled after season 3
    • Marvel's Luke Cage - Cancelled after season 2
    • Marvel's Iron Fist - Cancelled after season 2
    • Marvel's The Defenders - Cancelled after 1st season
    • Marvel's The Punisher - Most likely cancelled after season 2
    Averageman's son is correct.

Marvel has been pulling the plug on all of their Netflix original content, despite them being some of the most watch shows on Netflix. And it doesn't sound like they will be continuing on the new Disney streaming service once it launches (the cast of Daredevil has been expressing their dissatisfaction with the show not being renewed after the 3rd season, lots of "Save Daredevil" stuff going around, etc).

Word is once the Disney service it up, all Disney owned content will be disappearing from Netflix, Amazon, etc. and you'll have to subscribe to their service to see any of it. That includes Marvel, Starwars, etc.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-21-19 at 08:49.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'm 5 episodes into Season 2 and it's gone off the rails. It sucks. The plot is so thin that I can't believe they even greenlighted it. Christian fundamentalists as the main villain? Really? Production value seems to have taken a hit, too, and John Bernthal is completely under-utilized.

Feedback Score
    Disney: where good franchises go to die.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast