Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Netflix: Punisher Season 2

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like it...

Call me the contrarian.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I'm on episode 8 or 9 and it's ok. I'm not seeing the whole SJW stuff people were talking about.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Disney: where good franchises go to die.
    Disney can be a tough place to work. I’ve heard former employees refer to it as “mouseschwitz”.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Disney is lame.

I like the DC cartoon movies more.
    The Dark Knight Returns was great.

They messed up Killing Joke though

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    Averageman's son is correct.

Marvel has been pulling the plug on all of their Netflix original content, despite them being some of the most watch shows on Netflix. And it doesn't sound like they will be continuing on the new Disney streaming service once it launches (the cast of Daredevil has been expressing their dissatisfaction with the show not being renewed after the 3rd season, lots of "Save Daredevil" stuff going around, etc).

Word is once the Disney service it up, all Disney owned content will be disappearing from Netflix, Amazon, etc. and you'll have to subscribe to their service to see any of it. That includes Marvel, Starwars, etc.
    I stand corrected then.

Both Star Wars feature films as well as the latest Marvel movies are all streaming on Netflix currently so I guess they haven't worked everything out yet?

It's going to get to a point where individual studios are all going to have streaming services that you will have to subscribe to in order to watch all your favorite shows/movies.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    I stand corrected then.

Both Star Wars feature films as well as the latest Marvel movies are all streaming on Netflix currently so I guess they haven't worked everything out yet?
    They're still in transition - there are old contracts to honor. Disney has been saying their service will go live towards the end of 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    It's going to get to a point where individual studios are all going to have streaming services that you will have to subscribe to in order to watch all your favorite shows/movies.
    Yeah, I think that's where everything is heading.

More details here:

https://disneynews.us/disney-streaming-service/

The article mentions Netflix had the exclusive streaming rights for Star Wars films though 2018, and for all Marvel movies through Ant Man & Wasp, but doesn't mention a cut-off date for the Marvel streaming rights. It could be that those movies will continue on Netflix for a while before being moved, but it sounds like Captain Marvel and everything after will be Disney only.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-22-19 at 09:18.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    So I completed the series a few days ago.

There is no alt-right Christian preacher bad guy.

Spoilers ahead.

There is a preacher, but if he's the big bad, the only way it's happening is if they pull an M. Night Shyamalan for Season 3, cuz he was barely on screen for more than 30 seconds.

The bad guys are (from least dangerous to most):

A female psychiatrist who is damaged goods.

A reformed white nationalist (who dresses vaguely like a preacher, probably where the, "alt-right Christian preacher," angle comes from, but he's very much a layman).

Billy "Jigsaw" Russo, the, "evil white mercenary," from last season. Who forms a veterans' mafia.

An oil magnate and his wife, who have been using Super PACs to target people running for office as a means to coerce the candidates benefitting from the super PACs to lean toward legislation they favor.

Spoilers end.

There are no politics in the season. The closest we get, to my eyes, is when Castle tells a Russian mobster, "Call me old fashioned, but I don't work for Russians." Which you could view as a burn of Trump... or Hillary. Or both.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just want to see Punisher fight Spiderman like the comic

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Netflix: Punisher Season 2

I finished it this week as well. Thought it was pretty decent.

FireFly’s assessment is accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    they do say that right wing videos on youtube are all conspiracy etc..
    there is some make fun of Christians stupidity in it for sure ?

enough to ruin it ? nah it ruined itself with really bad writing and really bad acting and really bad effects this time around and so many other things

worth watching when doing something else not worth watching and concentrating on IMHO
    Last edited by Honu; 01-26-19 at 22:19.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast