Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Entry Level PA Hunting Rifle/Caliber Opinions.

Feedback Score
    Correction to the above:

That deer was taken at 598 yards, not 698. As I recall, I used my dope for 600 yards. He was one of two big bodied bucks that fell that morning to the Tikka. Both were feeding on the same ridgeline.

A good hunt. The pack out was on the harsh side, as my dad and I quartered them up and packed them out on our pack frames.

My dad told me later, as I was crawling out onto a ledge to get into a shooting position, (there was virtually no vegetation for cover, and I was skylined, so I was trying to get a little closer to a spot that would provide for a more stable shooting platform) that a rattlesnake slithered right in front of his boot. He did not inform me of this at the time, as he knows I HATE the things and I would have instantly called the whole thing off right there!
    THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Feedback Score
    I've shot 308 for years in PA it truly will handle bear deer yotes etccc Although lately ive been carrying a 6.5 bergara as the accuracy of that round/rifle is incredible. It beats some of the higher end custom rifles that I've shot with accuracy and a bit easier on the shoulder

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234