Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do people live like this?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

How do people live like this?

As some of you know, I am a REALTOR. One of my clients is an out of state company that purchases properties at tax sale. The hopes are that the people will redeem the property. It is an easy 15% ROI. But in some cases the properties are not redeemed and the houses have to be resold. Now most of the ones that don't get redeemed are abandoned or have people living there that just don't care. So you can imagine what they are like.

But I think I have seen the absolute worst I could ever imagine. Imagine an episode of hoarders. Then imagine a pet cemetery that has had a plow run through it. Then multiply that by 10... You can smell it before you even get to the doors...
    Trash bags of used cat litter, feces everywhere, at least 3 dead cats, a mid sized dog, and a couple other animals I couldn't identify. And that was before I even got to the basement. Access to the kitchen was impossible and the bedrooms were even worse than the pictures I am posting here.

The best quote I got for cleaning this place out was almost 10K. Just to clear the trash out and pull up the carpet.

Since I had to see this shit show I thought I would also inflict it upon the rest of you. I really need a new line of work...

Last edited by kwelz; 01-08-19 at 13:46.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I saw the first image, was about to undercut your best offer...and then wow.

It’s sad. That’s a bonafide mental condition. Not a lack of willpower or discipline. I bet they hated living in those conditions but were mentally unable to fix it with the tools they had. Hope they are able to get some help.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Damn....

I have to say though, when I was a paramedic I want to many homes that were like that. It doesn't take away the nastiness or the amazement that people are willing to do that or live like that.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Burn it down

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I work in pest management and my techs deal with this regularly. We have gotten to the point that if we suspect the house being unserviceable while taking on the phone we will forgo offering services. If for some reason they can buffalo us in to sending a tech out we have to fill out a form letting them know why we won’t service the property and left. And don’t get me started on people calling us because the state is now involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I had friends in high school, their mom was a hoarder, their trailer looked a lot like that, except for their bedroom, nice and clean.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I've lived in some neighborhoods where, just driving down the street, you would see people's garages that look like this. I would always wonder if the inside of their homes looked that way. I agree, that for some, there are some legit mental issues going on and I hope they are being treated. For those that are just outright lazy? Well, whatever makes them happy I guess.

Feedback Score
    I think it's a form of dementia or clinical depression. I had a friend who got evicted from his apartment for having stuff piled up everywhere. It was like he simply lacked the energy to put anything away.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Damn....

I have to say though, when I was a paramedic I want to many homes that were like that. It doesn't take away the nastiness or the amazement that people are willing to do that or live like that.
    I was going to say that, while that is bad, those of in first responder careers go into homes that bad or worse on an almost daily basis. Just insane.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Man that's extreme and obviously they have some mental issues and are unable to care for themselves. I'm going to assume that they had kids living in that pig sty.
    Honestly, if they did I hope you'll call CPS and have them come take a look.
    I am OCD, so about two minutes of that would be all I could handle before I lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I think it's a form of dementia or clinical depression. I had a friend who got evicted from his apartment for having stuff piled up everywhere. It was like he simply lacked the energy to put anything away.
    I don't know, I have depression and I'm just the opposite.
    Last edited by Averageman; 01-08-19 at 15:31.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast