Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grand Solar Minimum and Electromagnetic Pole Shift

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Magnetic Pole vs Geomagnetic Pole

Notice on this map the Geomagnetic pole is not moving very far while the magnetic pole is. The second link indicates the magnetic poles flip every half a million years.

http://www.wbrz.com/news/earth-s-mag...alarming-rate/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomagnetic_reversal

It looks like things could get crazy if they do flip while we are alive.

Oh yeah, the scientist's have their estimates down pretty clean. The last flip took between several thousand years or a human life time.
    Estimations vary as to the abruptness of the reversal: it might have extended over several thousand years,[3] or much more quickly,[4][5][6] perhaps within a human lifetime.[
    I mean it depends on who you are planning for.
    Last edited by tb-av; 01-25-19 at 10:47.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Meh, buy a coat and some white paint to change S to N and N to S on your compass.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From what I have read we are technically still in an ice age, but have been in a warming period for the last couple thousand or more years. When the ice age is over it will be lots warmer (no glaciers). Think about that.

In the mean time, we have had shorter periods of warming trends ( like since mid-1800s) and relapse toward ice age 1300-1850ish). During that cold period rivers like the Thames would totally freeze over every winter.

So a mini ice age from a grand solar minimum is very possible starting around 2020. People may pray for global warming by 2030. Maybe in a few thousand years the current ice age will end and people will think snow, glaciers and polar ice caps are just myths. More like it was in dinosaur days.

Solar cycles change, and our climate changes. We had better be able to adapt to climate change and not waste trillions of dollars trying to manage it vain.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Great, now they are finding a longer solar cycle that occurs roughly every 12K years, that has geological evidence going back for at least six events prior known as a Micro Nova. Essentially a massive solar type event that last occurred- 12K years ago roughly.

Feedback Score
    Pole reversal is regular and natural. Drag causes imbalance between the spinning molten iron core causing earth's magnetic field and earth's rock crust. Eventually this imbalance causes a tumbling-like reversal, like a football thrown and losing energy.

Ice Ages are also natural although a solar minimum may not be enough by itself to cause one. Melankovitch outlined most of this many years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

And that is basically but not completely the cause of ice ages. BUT anyone interested in Global Warming should study his cycles since earth warming is also a part of this natural cycle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting that those orbital cycles explain a lot but with the problems of non-exact correlation they did not consider solar activity cycles, too. Taken together you would get the overall amount of variation in solar exposure and intensity, which I suspect would account for 99+% of changes in global climate through the ages. Bio activity on earth in comparison is likely very insignificant. Solar activity + earth orientation to sun + average distance from sun is far more critical.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    More info on the magnetic pole shift.

Feedback Score
    Big climate chane is inevitable at this point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12