Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What 30mm AR mount?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

What 30mm AR mount?

I am moving back to shooting my ARs more and I’m replacing gear I cheaped out on back in the day with quality gear. I need to get a new 30mm scope mount for my precision AR and not sure what current offerings I should focus on. I don’t care about quick disconnect as it will always live on this rifle and I also don’t need absolute top notch gear like I assume a Spuhr mount is. I mostly just want something that is solid, dependable, and I don’t have to worry about being the weak link. Any suggestions?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    ADM Recon is regularly $150 and can be found often below that on sale new.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    My go to: https://www.larue.com/products/larue...ount-qd-lt104/

You can get a version without QD for $160

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Geissele Super Precision for something bombproof. Badger Unimounts a safe bet as well.

Aero Precision Ultralight if cost and weight are focal concerns - only downside for most folks is maintaining proper level as you torque the ring screws, but this can be an an issue with many mounts with vertically split rings.

You said QD isn't necessary, but I would look at Bobro and Zro Delta too. Midwest Industries, LaRue and ADM are extremely popular as well, although I'm not a big fan personally.

I wouldn't be quick to dismiss any of the above.
    Last edited by 0uTkAsT; 01-11-19 at 15:13.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Daniel Defense also has an option now.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys, looks like I have a lot of options to choose from. My main concern is retaining zero above all else, I don’t plan on tossing this rifle around or anything but I’d like to know if it falls over or I drop it while hiking out to a spot it’s still going to be reliable.

As far as cost goes, I will spend what I need to spend but I also don’t think my requirements necessitate the most expensive either. While it’s not a duty gun or defense gun I will be doing some hunting with it and I want to respect the animals I hunt by placing my shot accurately so maintaining zero is a must.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Thanks guys, looks like I have a lot of options to choose from. My main concern is retaining zero above all else, I don’t plan on tossing this rifle around or anything but I’d like to know if it falls over or I drop it while hiking out to a spot it’s still going to be reliable.

As far as cost goes, I will spend what I need to spend but I also don’t think my requirements necessitate the most expensive either. While it’s not a duty gun or defense gun I will be doing some hunting with it and I want to respect the animals I hunt by placing my shot accurately so maintaining zero is a must.
    Based on that I would recommend the geissele super percision.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post

I think literally any of the mounts listed above would work fine for the application you've described so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it and would zero in on a price you're willing to spend and go from there. The Aero Precision mounts are under $100, ADM, LaRue and Midwest Industries in the mid $100s, and Bobro, Geissele and many others fall in the $200-$300s.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    1 data point for you. I just did a return to zero test on my ADM recon and out 5 rounds through the same hole at 50 exactly at my PoA.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 0uTkAsT View Post
    I think literally any of the mounts listed above would work fine for the application you've described so I wouldn't be overly concerned about it and would zero in on a price you're willing to spend and go from there. The Aero Precision mounts are under $100, ADM, LaRue and Midwest Industries in the mid $100s, and Bobro, Geissele and many others fall in the $200-$300s.
    Thanks, I figured those would probably be up to the task. Anyone know how much you have to spend with LaRue to get some more Dillo Dust? That could be the deciding factor

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast