Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What 30mm AR mount?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
    Thanks, I figured those would probably be up to the task. Anyone know how much you have to spend with LaRue to get some more Dillo Dust? That could be the deciding factor
    Last mount I purchased (~$145) didn’t come with any dust. Maybe add an MBT to the order?

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Do yourself a favor and stay away from Larue. They were good in their time, but there are MUCH better options now. I know M.Larue will talk about all the military contracts he has, blah blah. There are a TON of things that go into a .mil contract than the overall best quality. For a value mount, the ADM Delta, that’s the one with regular, horizontal rings, NOT vertical splits. That is a solid mount. For a ALL OUT best on the market, Spuhr is the business. They won’t be beat. Right in that same area is the Geiselle Super Precision. An EXCELLENT mount, that has fantastic RTZ capabilities. The limiting factor is what you are willing to spend. I, like so many, went Larue in the beginning, before I learned better. Now, they are at the bottom, not anywhere near the top. When you look at the long range crowd, guys that use HEAVY, EXPENSIVE scopes, scopes in the $2500-$3500 range, no one uses Larue. That should tell you something. If they were that good, folks would use them.
    Look at ADM Delta, NightForce Unimount, Badger, Spuhr, or Geiselle.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I use Nightforce and Badger Unimounts. They have never given me a reason to switch and when torqued correctly have demonstrated excellent RTZ capabilities. I have a Geissele mount which I have not used but would expect the same experience. For QD mounts I prefer Bobro due to the increased mounting surface as compared to Larue and ADM.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I always decide Geissele now.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    Do yourself a favor and stay away from Larue. They were good in their time, but there are MUCH better options now. I know M.Larue will talk about all the military contracts he has, blah blah. There are a TON of things that go into a .mil contract than the overall best quality. For a value mount, the ADM Delta, that’s the one with regular, horizontal rings, NOT vertical splits. That is a solid mount. For a ALL OUT best on the market, Spuhr is the business. They won’t be beat. Right in that same area is the Geiselle Super Precision. An EXCELLENT mount, that has fantastic RTZ capabilities. The limiting factor is what you are willing to spend. I, like so many, went Larue in the beginning, before I learned better. Now, they are at the bottom, not anywhere near the top. When you look at the long range crowd, guys that use HEAVY, EXPENSIVE scopes, scopes in the $2500-$3500 range, no one uses Larue. That should tell you something. If they were that good, folks would use them.
    Look at ADM Delta, NightForce Unimount, Badger, Spuhr, or Geiselle.
    Yep. My LaRue QD Mount destroys my rail.

I’ll toss Bobro into the mix as I’ve not seen it mentioned.

Feedback Score
    Very happy with my Seekins MXM, they make the Vortex extended precision mount if you need even more eye relief.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I'll add the Scalarworks mount if you dont care about cost. Its an Awesome mount.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I usually go with American Defense but am going to try the Daniel Defense 30MM scope mount out.

Might not be as high speed with QD knobbies and 3" of vertical jump, but at 5.5oz and $140 seems like a potential lightweight winner.

Probably means I can't chuck my rifle off a 100' cliff and expect everything to still be 100% zeroed and rock solid ready, but DD is a solid company and I figure I'll wring it out a bit.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I was looking at the Seekins mount. What's not clear on the DD is whether or not it has a lug?
    https://www.seekinsprecision.com/pro...e-mount-2.html
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    I was looking at the Seekins mount. What's not clear on the DD is whether or not it has a lug?
    https://www.seekinsprecision.com/pro...e-mount-2.html
    Good thread, I’m also in the market for a Precision AR mount. I can say one thing, absolute A+ on customer service when it comes to Seekins Precision. I bought a used scope off another forum, and it came with Seekins rings. Like a complete dumbass, I over torqued one of the mounting screws and stripped it. I called Seekins and even though I didn’t buy the rings from them, they replaced it for free.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast