Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What 30mm AR mount?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Brownells 30MM rings were on sale the other day when I looked. Usually their about $90 but on sale currently around $65.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I really like the QD options from both ADM and LaRue and I usually either have to flip a coin as to which one for each newer purchase because the reviews are about the same in positive.

And there's some good info here with the Aero mounts as I'm a bit surprised. I have one on my not so serious LR308 range toy, Anyway, did not know that Seekins was making cantilever mounts as well along with Daniel Defense but I must admit without researching both that I may lean on the Seekins as it looks super strong and I like the minimal approach to securing it to the rails. I am not a fan of Geissele optic mounts at all and hearing about his rails failing easily when dropped onto even soft dirt at 4 feet makes me stay away. And if money was no option and no need for a QD RTZ then I would not even think about it in regards to getting a Spuhr.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Geissele
    Nightforce
    Spuhr
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    I am not a fan of Geissele optic mounts at all and hearing about his rails failing easily when dropped onto even soft dirt at 4 feet makes me stay away.

I don’t think that is a fair assessment. The rail issue is specific to two models. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the optic mounts. Geissele optic mounts are bomb proof. My only beef is the rib that prevents using an Arisaka Defense scope leveler.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I don’t think that is a fair assessment. The rail issue is specific to two models. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the optic mounts. Geissele optic mounts are bomb proof. My only beef is the rib that prevents using an Arisaka Defense scope leveler.
    I completely agree with this. If you dont need QD and don't mind the weight the Geissele mount is one of the best in the business. They are bomb proof.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Looking at 1.9x mounts, familiar with LaRue and ADM but who else is out there?
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-18-19 at 08:56.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Looking at 1.9x mounts, familiar with LaRue and ADM but who else is out there?
    Geissele, Midwest Ind., KAC all come to mind. Scalarworks has one in development.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Scalarworks 1.9x will ship FEB 25.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not a fan of those knobs on there, such an eyesore and it adds needless bulk and weight when it isn't even a QD RTZ.

And it's fair where I am standing. Bill makes great triggers, there's no argument or even a competition to that unless price is a concern. As for the rest and speaking just for myself, there are either options or even better options out there.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Adm and Larue used to be the standard but in recoils testing only the cheap Burris pepr Mount has a worse rtz specs than those two. There’s just much better out there nowadays.

Geissele
    Nightforce
    Spuhr
    Can’t argue with this list. I would add bobro and ZroDelta as well
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 01-18-19 at 13:03.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast