Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Revolver noob needs help

Feedback Score
    I'd love to have one, Gunnar. Saw one a couple gunshows ago, but my funds were depleted.
    No end of respect for the .44 Mag cartridge; with one exception, all my deer have fallen to that caliber, in either a 6" 629 or a 16" Marline 94; my loads were crowding 1400 in the revo, and 1600 in the carbine.
    An older 629 was plain barreled; my current one is lugged, and that tames the recoil somewhat. Have to show some restraint with the MG loads, or it would be no fun at all.
    Which takes us back to Low Speed's issue; it's hard to have something light enough to be good to carry, but powerful enough to stop a brownie.
    Moon

Feedback Score
    I'm heading back to Alaska soon and my 3" 629-4 will be hiking along with me again. I carried it last year in a chest rig along with a Shockwave. Way too heavy. Shockwave will be staying home this time. I'm a decent shot with this thing and don't feel under gunned when loaded with HSM 305 gr Bear load.

My only question is what secondary gun to take for 2 legged critters when in town? Go really light weight like LCR 327 Fed Mag? Concealable like a Shield? Not sure what I'm taking yet.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    I'm heading back to Alaska soon and my 3" 629-4 will be hiking along with me again. I carried it last year in a chest rig along with a Shockwave. Way too heavy. Shockwave will be staying home this time. I'm a decent shot with this thing and don't feel under gunned when loaded with HSM 305 gr Bear load.

My only question is what secondary gun to take for 2 legged critters when in town? Go really light weight like LCR 327 Fed Mag? Concealable like a Shield? Not sure what I'm taking yet.

What do you normally carry

Feedback Score
    Normally, a Sheild 9mm or a Steyr M9-A1 when I'm not concerned with conceal-ability.

I'm equally comfortable and competent with my Canik/RMR, PPQ 40 & VP9. All of those are similar in size and weight.

I guess it boils down to, do I want to carry the extra weight or not. Last year, no. The Shockwave weight slowed me down too much. I didn't make it to the glacier like I had planned.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456