Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
Three, don't jump around "trying" different diets. Not a one is going to be the magic effective one.
I would add to this, and say that if you’re not selecting a diet/manner of eating that you want to do for life, make sure you have a better plan on the backside of it than you do now. You don’t want to assume that it took you however many years to put on the weight so it will take that lot to put it on again...because that’s almost guaranteed to not be the case.

I lost 60lbs in about six months, and put it all back on in the next twelve months because my wonder diet didn’t teach me how to eat, it just had one strict rule that if I followed I pretty much lost weight. But it was self control the way an alcoholic has to treat it. As soon as I was back in carb land I gorged myself and exploded.

I think a balanced diet is key, but I would also argue that for most of us, balanced would not be zero carbs, but significantly fewer. It’s much harder to get fat on eggs, chicken, steak, and vegetables galore than it is on sandwiches and pasta.