Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Exercise For Weight Loss?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Because you’re wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How can I be wrong if it works ?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Why ?

Works well for me.
    Look up Dunning Kruger Effect.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I don't think this is fair. He is absolutely correct that if you do diet such as keto for 2 months and loose 25lbs it will be much easier to start working out from where you started. In general your body will feel much better and mentally you will already have good results which help you start to exercise.

Is there an argument that you can do both at the same time and get good results - absolutely. But he is not wrong. And to say his statement is cognitive bias is just incorrect.

Feedback Score
    That's you ! LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I don't think this is fair. He is absolutely correct that if you do diet such as keto for 2 months and loose 25lbs it will be much easier to start working out from where you started. In general your body will feel much better and mentally you will already have good results which help you start to exercise.

Is there an argument that you can do both at the same time and get good results - absolutely. But he is not wrong. And to say his statement is cognitive bias is just incorrect.
    I stopped reading at keto, thanx. I wrote the OP posted article, so I'm the one telling people - per the data - that exercise is not as important to weight loss as once thought, but to recommend people lose the weight first, then exercise is fail on various levels. If you seriously can't fathom why that would be the case, then by all means, follow that approach.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post

Thanks !

I lost 45lbs in about three months eating a potato diet and taking life easy, I went from 185lbs to 140 , that's roughly a 25% weight loss. Now I can bend down and put my socks on and tie my shoes, I can also run, and run fast. All of a sudden I can exercise and what would have been impossible is no longer a big deal.

Feedback Score
    I stopped reading at keto, thanx. I wrote the OP posted article, so I'm the one telling people - per the data - that exercise is not as important to weight loss as once thought, but to recommend people lose the weight first, then exercise is fail on various levels. If you seriously can't fathom why that would be the case, then by all means, follow that approach.
    I seriously can't fathom why that would be the case.... Please tell me where I went wrong.

Feedback Score
    I did exactly what this bloke recommends. Watch and learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelIXCuuSZ0
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-07-20 at 17:38.

Feedback Score
    Apart from losing weight there's a few benefits that I never even thought about with eating a healthy diet...…. My guts have improved no end, I have not had the shits since I started eating potatoes with every meal, I eat lot's of spuds. I don't have greasy skin any more, and I hardly seem to sweat, even when working hard.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Apart from losing weight there's a few benefits that I never even thought about with eating a healthy diet...…. My guts have improved no end, I have not had the shits since I started eating potatoes with every meal, I eat lot's of spuds. I don't have greasy skin any more, and I hardly seem to sweat, even when working hard.
    What kind of potatoes and how do you prepare them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast