Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: How Important Is Exercise For Weight Loss?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Potato Diet Review: Does It Work for Weight Loss?
    Healthline Diet Score: 1.08 out of 5

The potato diet — or potato hack — is a short-term fad diet that promises rapid weight loss.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/potato-diet#1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    What kind of potatoes and how do you prepare them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They are just ordinary boiled jacket potatoes eaten with the skin.

Feedback Score
    Proof of the pudding

https://www.amazon.ca/photos/share/m...pWhUmhMSkwULio

Try it and see for yourself, you have nothing to lose, it costs nothing.

This is my routine now that I'm happy with where I am.... Day 1 mid day....More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, a large frying pan full of mushrooms. A large bun with a cheeseburger and lots of chipotle sauce. Soy sauce and spicy sweet Tai sauce on the spuds. Any spuds I cant eat I put back in the fridge.

9pm More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, and a large frying pan full of mushrooms with chicken vindaloo.

Day 2 Mid day...More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, a large frying pan full of mushrooms, 2 fried eggs ( no oil ) and half a can of baked beans. Soy sauce and spicy sweet Tai sauce on the spuds.

9pm...More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, and a large frying pan full of mushrooms with chicken vindaloo.

If I do fancy something in between meals ( hardly ever ) I will eat a tin of tuna.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-08-20 at 20:57.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Proof of the pudding

This is my routine now that I'm happy with where I am.... Day 1 mid day....More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, a large frying pan full of mushrooms. A large bun with a cheeseburger and lots of chipotle sauce. Soy sauce and spicy sweet Tai sauce on the spuds. Any spuds I cant eat I put back in the fridge.

9pm More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, and a large frying pan full of mushrooms with chicken vindaloo.

Day 2 Mid day...More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, a large frying pan full of mushrooms, 2 fried eggs ( no oil ) and half a can of baked beans. Soy sauce and spicy sweet Tai sauce on the spuds.

9pm...More boiled jacket potatoes than I can eat heated up in the microwave, and a large frying pan full of mushrooms with chicken vindaloo.

If I do fancy something in between meals ( hardly ever ) I will eat a tin of tuna.
    Try the Taco Bell diet. It works the same way

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Try the Taco Bell diet. It works the same way
    Thanks but it's too late, I'm addicted to spuds now.

PS , I just googled it, it's much the same really.
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-09-20 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I should have figured such a thing existed.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Proof of the pudding

that’s not proof...that’s an anecdote. The internet is home to millions of such photos of “success” from such fad diets. You won’t see a picture of that guy in two years when he gains it all back, and more.
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-09-20 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    that’s not proof...that’s an anecdote. The internet is home to millions of such photos of “success” from such fad diets. You won’t see a picture of that guy in two years when he gains it all back, and more.
    That's me, I can provide evidence of that it if you really doubt it.

This is me a few years ago.16700427_1756758301308233_2578710263904213840_o.jpg
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-09-20 at 11:35.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    And most don't know the difference which is a major reason among many we find ourselves in this situation. I don't think n = 1 subjective anecdotes are worthless per se, but they don't trump data and why people are doomed to repeat.

As your profession demonstrates and your own clinical experience finds, the data supports, and I have seen in my vast experience working with people for 4 decades ish: Getting the weight off is not the difficult part, keeping it off is the difficult part.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Getting the weight off is not the difficult part, keeping it off is the difficult part.
    I only reached my target weight about 4 months ago, but I can keep my weight stable with ease by eating mainly potatoes. I can think of no reason why I will not be the same weight this time next year.

What I find puzzling is why some people find losing weight on a potato diet objectionable, it makes no sense.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast