Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: How Important Is Exercise For Weight Loss?

Feedback Score
    Perhaps they find it objectionable because it goes against what they preach, and they find it a threat to their ego.

People also ask

What are some examples of fad diets?

What are the 5 fad diets?

Here are eight “fad” diets that actually work.

Atkins Diet. Share on Pinterest. ...
    South Beach Diet. Like Dr. Atkins, Dr. Arthur Agatston was a cardiologist interested in helping his patients lose weight sustainably and without going hungry. ...
    Vegan Diet. ...
    Ketogenic Diet. ...
    Paleo Diet. ...
    The Zone Diet. ...
    The Dukan Diet. ...
    The 5:2 Diet.
    Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-09-20 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Perhaps they find it objectionable because it goes against what they preach, and they find it a threat to their ego.

People also ask

What are some examples of fad diets?

What are the 5 fad diets?

Here are eight “fad” diets that actually work.

Atkins Diet. Share on Pinterest. ...
    South Beach Diet. Like Dr. Atkins, Dr. Arthur Agatston was a cardiologist interested in helping his patients lose weight sustainably and without going hungry. ...
    Vegan Diet. ...
    Ketogenic Diet. ...
    Paleo Diet. ...
    The Zone Diet. ...
    The Dukan Diet. ...
    The 5:2 Diet.
    Aug 28, 2017
    It's objectionable because it's anecdotal. It may have worked for you but there's no science behind it. Just like that lady who lost weight eating nothing but Taco Bell. You know why it worked for her? Because even though she ate junk, she ate less than normal. In other words she cut calories. If you eat one spoon of lard a day you'll lose weight too because despite it being fat your calorie intake is less than before

What if I told you that I lost weight doing absolutely nothing and drinking a case of beer each weekend? Try it! It worked for me so it should work for you!

What science does show is correct eating and burning calories through exercise. It's proven and it's sustainable.

If your diet works then there's no need for all other diets. Because it will work for everyone.

All those diets you listed basically work the same way. Cut calories! Atkins you cut carbs which cuts your overall calorie intake. You can do the same in reverse. Cut out all meat and eat only one slice of bread a day. You'll lose weight
    Last edited by Arik; 02-09-20 at 12:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

All those diets you listed basically work the same way. Cut calories!
    Certainly they cut calories, is there something wrong with that ? Correct me if I'm wrong but cutting calories is a scientifically proven way to lose weight, there is nothing anecdotal about it.

Cutting calories without feeling hungry is not hard with the right diet.

If I wanted to be a muscle man, I would exercise accordingly and that's what I would be, but I don't, I happy as I am.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Boon View Post
    Certainly they cut calories, is there something wrong with that ? Correct me if I'm wrong but cutting calories is a scientifically proven way to lose weight, there is nothing anecdotal about it.

Cutting calories without feeling hungry is not hard with the right diet.

If I wanted to be a muscle man, I would exercise accordingly and that's what I would be, but I don't, I happy as I am.
    Right. Cutting calories. Which is what you did. Doesn't matter if it's potatoes, spinach or glazed donuts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Right. Cutting calories. Which is what you did. Doesn't matter if it's potatoes, spinach or glazed donuts
    The difference is that I lost 25% of my body weight in three months without discomfort. What's not to like ?
    Last edited by Mick Boon; 02-09-20 at 13:15.

Feedback Score
    One could hardly guess that the original topic of this conversation was How Important Is Exercise For Weight Loss?

Recommend a course change before this thread ends up hopelessly adrift on the Sea of Locked Threads... to be forever known only as The Saga of Mr. Boon and his Potato.
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    ...before this thread ends up hopelessly adrift on the Sea of Locked Threads... to be forever known only as The Saga of Mr. Boon and his Potato.
    *chuckle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K.L. Davis View Post
    One could hardly guess that the original topic of this conversation was How Important Is Exercise For Weight Loss?

Recommend a course change before this thread ends up hopelessly adrift on the Sea of Locked Threads... to be forever known only as The Saga of Mr. Boon and his Potato.
    The thread is still on track, I have shown that exercise is not important for weight loss.

Feedback Score
    Abracadabra!
    I put the "Amateur" in Amateur Radio...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314