Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Is 9mm The Way To Go?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I'd like to see a "ricochet test". Shoot various bullets at a firm (not solid) material at a couple angles and see what happens.

I've never seen such a study except the one by the US Army that went around. That was rifles and machine guns though.
    Here you go, straight from J. Edgar's boys to you: https://leb.fbi.gov/file-repository/...tober-1969.pdf

This is a PDF of the whole LE bulletin, so when the article is continued you will have to scroll to page 20 to finish.

Old stuff, but still relevant, the FBI used to send out reprints of the article in a brochure form, we discussed and demoed in our firearms instructor course for years. Ultimately, time constraints and additional material relegated the handout to a mention and admonition to 'study this handout.'
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I personally have seen 38 special from a short barrel revolver richochet off a cow's skull and go through a tin roof. And it was the so called thin part of the skull. Cow said ouch, did not pass out or drop.
    I hope you pardoned her and she lived to a nice old age.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I hope you pardoned her and she lived to a nice old age.
    I mean, if I had a talking cow I sure wouldn't kill it...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have seen a 5.56 round bounce off the skull of a donkey from a range of 6" or less.

Man still has not invented a death ray. So use what caliber you want and shoot them till they drop.
    Truer words were never spoken. And I still haven't read any material written by or spoken with an emergency room doctor or scientist who works in a laboratory who was A) present when a shooting occurred or B) spoke with those who were directly involved in the gunfight to ask how quickly the threat was reduced to a non-threat.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Truer words were never spoken. And I still haven't read any material written by or spoken with an emergency room doctor or scientist who works in a laboratory who was A) present when a shooting occurred or B) spoke with those who were directly involved in the gunfight to ask how quickly the threat was reduced to a non-threat.
    Or as attributed to a WWII tank commander "Shoot Until The Target Changes Shape Or Catches Fire"
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Here you go, straight from J. Edgar's boys to you: https://leb.fbi.gov/file-repository/...tober-1969.pdf

This is a PDF of the whole LE bulletin, so when the article is continued you will have to scroll to page 20 to finish.

Old stuff, but still relevant, the FBI used to send out reprints of the article in a brochure form, we discussed and demoed in our firearms instructor course for years. Ultimately, time constraints and additional material relegated the handout to a mention and admonition to 'study this handout.'
    I enjoyed that, thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting to read the FBI bulletin from 1969. Also like Hoover’s recap of youts and gangs. Just hard reading it and not picturing J. Edgar typing it up wearing nylons and a garter belt.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    Interesting thread

Never mind on the rest. Apologies, was rambling a bit.
    Last edited by Norseman; 02-09-19 at 06:21. Reason: Did not support premise of topic

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I’ve head 10mm will blow a mans arm off. Someone actually said that to me so it must be true.
    #power #realmansround

Lol

Stick with 9mm until you hit master-class, and keep docgkr recommended loads onbaord.
    *Master class* since 1983...

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314