Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Is 9mm The Way To Go?

Feedback Score
    Strange how at some point people stop discussing the topic and just start putting down / discrediting each other.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Drink water.
    Solid copy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Strange how at some point people stop discussing the topic and just start putting down / discrediting each other.
    I can only speak for me, but I shit you not, I’ve got no problem with “FightinQ”, especially anonymously over the inter-webs. Anyone that knows me personally, there’s a few floating around on here, knows that I’m incredibly easy going.

I do see this for what it is and realize that we all have drastically more in common than not. Whatever gun or caliber anyone here decides to carry is still lapping the guy who decides not too. I’d rather see you with a derringer tucked in your pants than nothing.

This is not the hill I’ll be dying on.

Now, what’s your favorite bourbon? It’s probably easier to get a consensus on that (though it will never happen)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Great timing. Yes, let's clean it up a bit.

Let's also remember this gem from the M4C style guide: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...4C-Style-Guide

The Value of Opinions.
    The Good: One of M4C's strengths is that we acknowledge that not all opinions are created equal. To this end, we have attempted to make the Subject Matter Experts and Industry Professionals in our midst more visible, so you know when you are engaging with a heavy hitter. We also have many, many regular members who are capable of dispensing very sound advice.
    The Bad: If you honestly have no first-hand experience with the topic at hand, either learn to say nothing at all, or be very up-front about your limitations. Stay in your lane, and think twice about posting something that you believe to be true only because you read about it on the internet, or saw it in a magazine. You will earn far more respect by asking an intelligent question than by dispensing a foolish answer.
    The Ugly: Knowledgeable members are generally quick to throw the BS flag when it is warranted, and post-counts may not be especially useful here, as some of the most competent members on M4C have relatively low post counts. You may well discover that there is more wisdom in the opinion of a 2006 member with 400 posts than in that of a 2010 member with 1,400. Pay attention, and treat it as a learning opportunity should you find your views being actively challenged. (There is an associated lesson here with respect to our stance on post-whoring, but that should probably go without saying.)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Caliber wars, certainly. Intelligent discussions of the nuances of calibers in terms of shooter performance, terminal ballistic and barrier performance, and inventory, logistics, sustainability, etc are all the higher level discussions that we strive for. Your use of "carry...what shoots best" is a good example. Shoots best in what, where, for him, in what conditions, and by what metrics? There is a difference. Few threads and post rise to that level.

For example, your comment...

...reflects quite a range of potential variables. Have you parsed them out? What kind of formal training have you attended? What's your classification in any competitive discipline (IDPA, USPSA, etc)? What are your favorite shooting drills? How did you vet them for your use?
    This is best taken to private messaging as you're asking things of me that I will not openly volunteer at all because of opsec.

You are free to ask these things again within reason in private.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    This is best taken to private messaging as you're asking things of me that I will not openly volunteer at all because of opsec.

You are free to ask these things again within reason in private.
    Your cryptic post does bring a quality point to life: sometimes what gun you carry gets dictated to you.

Though I definitely play “jump-out boy” way more often than “international man of mystery” while wearing crocs and sporting a goatee on secret squirrel jobs, I’ve had to carry in my far share of non-permissive environments and that led to not being able to carry what I felt was optimal if I was to get into a shooting.

Whether intentional or not, it’s a fair point.

I like you all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    Your cryptic post does bring a quality point to life: sometimes what gun you carry gets dictated to you.

Though I definitely play “jump-out boy” way more often than “international man of mystery” while wearing crocs and sporting a goatee on secret squirrel jobs, I’ve had to carry in my far share of non-permissive environments and that led to not being able to carry what I felt was optimal if I was to get into a shooting.

Whether intentional or not, it’s a fair point.

I like you all.
    Only following his directions from his PM to me, and quite honestly you do not have any grounds to try to hunt over bait about why there's an actual and very PERTINENT reason for the opsec and why you have no legitimate reason to demand this from me.

And I actually know a thing or two about the reason that the gun gets dictated to you. You offered an olive branch with you your first post of the day in here, yet now you are rescinding it because you are not letting thought deduction from critical thinking skills take precedent. Interesting.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    Only following his directions from his PM to me, and quite honestly you do not have any grounds to try to hunt over bait about why there's an actual and very PERTINENT reason for the opsec and why you have no legitimate reason to demand this from me.

And I actually know a thing or two about the reason that the gun gets dictated to you. You offered an olive branch with you your first post of the day in here, yet now you are rescinding it because you are not letting thought deduction from critical thinking skills take precedent. Interesting.
    Lol. Holy over-analyzing, Batman!

Wow... umm... no.

I’m not even remotely giving it that much thought. There’s no “free rent” sign posted in my head.

I stated exactly what I was thinking, it’s a refreshing way to live.

I’ll run it down, in case you GAF:

Your post about OPSEC made me think about secret squirrel stuff. Secret squirrel stuff made me think about some drug jobs I’ve done. Drug jobs made me think of the different capacities I’ve served on those jobs. Those capacities reminded me of the few times I was only able to carry my 442. My only being able to carry a 442 made me realize that sometimes you don’t have a choice of what to carry. Not having a choice may lead you to carry something that may not be optimal. Realizing this, I posted about my epiphany to varying effect to different people, I’m sure. Period, the end.

Did I offer an olive branch earlier? I guess... Do I truly, really, surely care what you do with it in any way? Negative.

Keep being as cantankerous as you choose. It has zero effect in my life.

Your posts, both in content and sentence structure, suggest you to be an experienced and intelligent person. Feel weapons free to be a nice person with said intelligence and experience.

EDIT TO ADD: If you do somehow find your way into my headspace, can you try to work things out with my wife, kids, the puppy that keeps peeing in the house, why I can’t pull a 500#+ deadlift anymore (I think my back is getting weaker, oops OPSEC!), any maybe why no one likes me on M4C.

Swing and a miss...
    Last edited by TheTick; 01-31-19 at 09:06.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Bye FightinQ. Come back when you can follow simple instructions.

Or not. When multiple mods and staff take an interest in your posting habits, it's just not a good sign, and rarely ends well.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    To get back on track, there are reasonable and justifiable reasons to carry ANY caliber. Just understand what you are giving up when going to mouse gun calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    ON the other hand, I saw the forensic evidence in a case where a man shot another in the back with .380 JHP. Bullet slipped between the ribs, through the back muscles, through the left ventricle of the heart, and stopped just beneath the skin of the chest. Zero expansion, zero deformation. Guy ran back into his house, said "I've been shot," gurgled, and died.

It all depends.
    Exactly! Any bullet can be lethal with perfect shot placement however people fail to account for the degradation in accuracy during a hostile encounter. You are highly unlikely to get perfect shot placement when you add movement and low light into the equation.

Want to take a guess what part of the body most people get shot in a force-on-force simulation training? Lets just say the anatomical structure you are trying to defeat has alot of bone behind it.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post

Now, what’s your favorite bourbon? It’s probably easier to get a consensus on that
    Maker’s Mark. Cheap, readily available, good enough for gov’t work. Expands well on the palette. Its the 9mm Luger of booze.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast