Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Is 9mm The Way To Go?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Want to take a guess what part of the body most people get shot in a force-on-force simulation training?
    My GD hands... and I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a bitch about it.

Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Maker’s Mark. Cheap, readily available, good enough for gov’t work. Expands well on the palette. Its the 9mm Luger of booze.
    Victory! Agreement has been achieved! I’ll stop here and not risk this tentative cease-fire by asking about rocks or straight.

God bless you, sir... RLTW indeed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    To get back on track, there are reasonable and justifiable reasons to carry ANY caliber. Just understand what you are giving up when going to mouse gun calibers.
    For me it's the gun and capacity more than the caliber. Yes, with a small gun and / or weak cartridge follows reduced capability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    My GD hands... and I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a bitch about it.

Lol.

Victory! Agreement has been achieved! I’ll stop here and not risk this tentative cease-fire by asking about rocks or straight.

God bless you, sir... RLTW indeed.
    Bourbon is too simple for my palate.

I prefer Scotch. (among other spirits)Too bad it's made in the UK. I dont buy much anyway.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Bourbon is too simple for my palate.
    How dare you?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTick View Post
    How dare you?
    Just repeating what my senses advised me, man.

Feedback Score
    Don't sweat it in Israel for decades we were forced to use 9mm ball, shot placement killed terrorist.

I used to carry a 1911 .45, till it failed big time with all great hits.

I then came to my current place, give me more 9mm rounds so if he doesn't go down I can keep shooting without having to stress a reload.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Don't sweat it in Israel for decades we were forced to use 9mm ball, shot placement killed terrorist.

I then came to my current place, give me more 9mm rounds so if he doesn't go down I can keep shooting without having to stress a reload.
    You are not alone in that assessment, I've had three of my instructors say the same thing.

Feedback Score

Failed as in a fmj .45 bullet didn't penetrate enough? (Serious)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I guess that would be further confirmation that handgun rnds in typical duty loads are just not terribly effective man stoppers?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I guess that would be further confirmation that handgun rnds in typical duty loads are just not terribly effective man stoppers?
    Reminds me of an OIC with big massively fat guy had shotgun, while the team guy who had an angle had a MP5. Triple tap followed by a few more rounds.... Mr Big said, "ow"!! Then dropped his shotgun and didn't want to play anymore and was upset he had been shot. He was fine, all rounds were stopped by his exceedingly large layers of natural protection.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast