Thread: Project Blue Book- Starting an Air Force GAU-5/A

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Project Blue Book- Starting an Air Force GAU-5/A

I've been talking about putting together a GAU-5/A version of the Colt 610 for some time now, long enough that my brother decided it's time for me to put up, or shutup and gave me a Griffin Armament XM linear comp for my birthday. It's what he uses on the XM-177 he assembled and it does a pretty good job of sending the muzzle blast down range. He got it for me not long after I mentioned that I liked his well enough that I planned to use it on my project. That sly dog! Looks like I'm committed, now.

The Colt 610 uses a 10" barrel and will be too short to make 16" even with the comp pinned. That means my Gau-5/U project will be an SBR. The 610 uses a partial fence lower and is marked as hown in the following photo from retroblackrifle.com

I'd like to find a partial fence lower that I can have engraved to match. Brownell's has a partial fence lower, but it's marked XBRN16E1. Anyone know where I can order a partial fence lower that I can have custom engraved with the GAU-5/A markings and trust info? I would prefer a finished lower, but will consider an 80% lower.

The upper I plan to use is the slickside 10" XM177E1 / GAU-5 from Retro Rilfes https://retrorifles.com/collections/...-xm177-xm177e1

Thanks!
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Contact Harlan at Nodak Spud. They still list a NDS-52 80% XM16E1 style Retro Lower on their website. You would pretty much have to go this route since you want custom engraving.

Everything will be machined EXCEPT:

Fire control pocket
    Hammer pivot hole
    Trigger pivot hole
    Safety pivot hole
    Safety detent hole

They WILL NOT be polished, blasted, or anodized. They are in the white and "as machined" with a basic de-burring.

Price:
    Qty 1-4 $135 each + shipping

952-942-1909 or by e-mail at info@nodakspud.com.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Project Blue Book
    Hey, I like the reference.
    I'm a career civilian and thus was never in the Air Force, but my fondness for UFO lore is actually part of the reason I built a USAF-style carbine clone of my own. That plus the "anything-goes" frankengun aspects of Air Force carbines are really interesting.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yup I came for UFO and Hillenkoeter doc dumps.

I am disappoint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    014C9CF4-E839-4C35-97E9-F0B316904F7A.jpg my 60s Colt XM 177E1 dedicated 22 Build is kinda the direction your build should go ( Flat slip ring ) ( Aluminum CAR stock) ( NDS partial fence lower) ( 6 hole skinny Handguards ) ( Colt Slickside 604 type Upper)