Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on sweat guard height for AIWB?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Can you post a picture of your holster? I’m interested in how you converted that model to AIWB.
    Took a picture and the forgot to post it for you. But better late, than never

Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    Took a picture and the forgot to post it for you. But better late, than never

I might give that a try. Is there a zip tie on the one side? If so, what’s its roll?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Is there a zip tie on the one side? If so, what’s its roll?
    Yes there is. Zip ties and duct tape are used to fix things

Back part of holster cracked near this part. On Shot Show back in 2017 guys from Raven told me that they will send me replacement under warranty, but later they just did not reply to mt emails. So zip tie was needed to prevent holster from cracking more and bring tension back in this part. It works fine and local maker will make new, custom holster for me soon.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    Yes there is. Zip ties and duct tape are used to fix things

Back part of holster cracked near this part. On Shot Show back in 2017 guys from Raven told me that they will send me replacement under warranty, but later they just did not reply to mt emails. So zip tie was needed to prevent holster from cracking more and bring tension back in this part. It works fine and local maker will make new, custom holster for me soon.
    Gotcha. I thought it might be holding a wedge or something to make it carry better at appendix. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I have it positioned that top of slide is about 11:30 (left handed). Actually holster loops are between belt loops of my jeans. Short slide with flush light makes it comfortable even when sitting all day, while short grip tucks in nicely. With longer slide and/or longer grip I would move pistol closer to center line.
    Montrala

Feedback Score
    Check out the design on V development groups holsters. Everything about it has a design purpose. The clips alone take the holster to another level. Another holster to consider is the Tenicore. It also uses the same clips that V uses. It appears to be an excellent design and both will cover your sights for the benefit that's been previously mentioned. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    I'm comfortable using an AIWB holster with the sweat-side (left-side) coming up about even with the gun's slide. See the referenced photos for the Blade-Tech "Klipt" holster:

https://blade-tech.com/products/klipt-holster

Whether sweat-shield is considered low, mid, or high probably depends on the holster company, if the company offers height variations.

However, I have another AIWB holster which comes up about half the height and that works great, too. This lower sweat-shield holster was from:
    https://lasconcealment.com

but my exact model is no longer made (I think it was a 1st gen. "Ronin") and I don't know which height it was, but I suspect it was their version of a mid/medium height.

Feedback Score
    For the past few years, I've been a very minimalist kind of guy with regards to holsters. None of mine had a sweat shield. However, I recently got a Keepers Concealment Keeper for my 92G Elite LTT.

I've tried carrying DA/SA guns appendix before and a combination of the sights, hammer, and beaver-tail end up stabbing me in the stomach as I move and bend. That's not been the case with the Keeper as I've been able to move normally about my day in total comfort with a full sized gun concealed.

I tried working dry fire presentations from concealment, on a timer, with this setup as well and it's easily accessible.

Feedback Score
    I have full sweat guards on the two AIWB holsters I use most often...one by KSG Armory for a VP9, the other an ANRDesign for a G19. I find the full guard to be more comfortable.
    “An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.” - Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast