Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrade DD or swap to LWRC

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtorq21 View Post
    Was going to get the ssa
    I like flat triggers but you absolutely can't go wrong with the SSA.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I like the look of the flat but does it feel strange on the finger

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the look of the flat but does it feel strange on the finger
    No it doesn't feel strange and to be honest when out shooting (especially any kind of "high-speed low-drag" stuff) you're not even going to notice any difference between a flat or curved trigger. At least I don't.

Feedback Score
    Guys again thank you for all the input. You all have settled my thoughts on the this. To go off topic and just for conversation is the rifling in these barrels normally kinda shallow. Compared to my hunting rifles they don't stand out as easily

Feedback Score
    Guys again thank you for all the input. You all have settled my thoughts on the this. To go off topic and just for conversation is the rifling in these barrels normally kinda shallow. Compared to my hunting rifles they don't stand out as easily
    I mean no offense, but put down the magnifying glass. There is nothing wrong with your rifle...unless you are having issues.

Feedback Score
    Lol none taken

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JC5188 View Post
    I mean no offense, but put down the magnifying glass. There is nothing wrong with your rifle...unless you are having issues.
    Yup. Usually stuff like this comes up when you're looking too much and shooting too little, I learned that from experience.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Get a G2S trigger and grab a toolcraft nitride bcg as a spare.

Use any savings to get a good optic if you don't already have one.

Otherwise, more ammo.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Upgrade DD or swap to LWRC

Someone should detail in a post a list of things you might notice as your rifle begins to get shot.

The cam pin will initially put a little wear on the upper. More noticeably on some rifles than others. It stops. It doesn’t harm the rifle in any way. You will be able to shoot multiple barrels out with the same upper receiver if you really wanted to.

Fancy finishes are great. Not needed. Buy a bolt and bolt carrier made out of the correct materials, manufactured and finished correctly, tested in the correct manner, and lubricate it heavily once in a while. When you lube it, glance at the staking on the gas key to make sure it’s solidly attached.

Geissele triggers are fantastic and the only trigger I personally will use other than a stock milspec trigger. If you want a two stage trigger, knock yourself out...it’s an acceptable thing to do.

Other things to do are to check that the extractor is sharp, and if you’re having issues with extraction you can always add an o-ring/put a new spring in. Bravo Company sells the kit for pennies.

I promise you have a more reliable and more durable rifle than some LWCRI contraption. You own a rifle from a company that has had multiple contracts making things that are currently helping to kill bad guys in shitty conditions all over the world. There is one tiny group of Americans shooting people with piston rifles, and they had to be able to shoot a rifle without being able to shake it after it filled full of water. Don’t base your own system on crazy non-existent situations.

The best things you can do for reliability?

1)Keep it well lubricated and learn a handful of things that should be checked as part of preventative maintenance...something that’s important for short stroke pistons too.

2)Use quality ammunition...this will shut down a piston rifle quickly too.

3)Use quality magazines. Discard and or destroy worn magazines. Most non lubrication related malfunctions in any self loading firearm are magazine related.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 01-15-19 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    I own a DDV7LW and I wouldn't dream of changing the bolt out. All I did was some neatly Giessele upgrades just for fun but weren't needed at all. SSA, Maritime Bolt Catch, Airborn Charging, and their buffer spring. Mostly did it to support a good company.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123