Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tucker: Leaders show no obligation to American voters

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    When you start discussing this with folks, you find a lot of them have the 'well, they just need to move and get better jobs' mindset without having a clue as to how difficult that might be for some people.
    Okay, I'll bite: what about doing what you, I, and a shit-load of others on this site have done.....join the military?

Yeah yeah, I know it ain't for everyone, but some of these derelicts could sure use a little discipline in their lives.

[glad to see you're still alive and kickin' BTW]
    Last edited by ABNAK; 01-19-21 at 16:31.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Okay, I'll bite: what about doing what you, I, and a shit-load of others on this site have done.....join the military?

Yeah yeah, I know it ain't for everyone, but some of these derelicts could sure use a little discipline in their lives.
    That's how I lived in or visited multple states and countries, and positioned myself to make a comfortable living.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    That's how I lived in or visited multple states and countries, and positioned myself to make a comfortable living.

Andy
    What I've done for a living for the last 30+ years wasn't related to my Army time (I was a grunt then and work in the medical field now). However, the military gave me the discipline to know you MUST drag your ass out of bed when you don't feel like it, show up on time, etc.

I left for active duty the day after I turned 18. That was back when most kids couldn't wait to get out from under their parent's influence, not hang out with a room in the basement. I got out as an E-5 in 1987 and didn't do too badly money-wise for that time, maybe taking home ~ $300 per week (separate rats and BAQ included). Made me realize that I wanted to maintain or improve from that standard of living, not go backwards.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The ability to detect sarcasm and satire is a sign of intelligence !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234