Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tucker: Leaders show no obligation to American voters

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    While I mostly agree, the second hand cigarette smoke I deal with is bad enough, hate to think what it would be like if weed was legal. If people could just do that shit in their own house it wouldn't even be an issue but drugs and responsible usage don't seem to go hand in hand.

Additionally, despite my libertarian tendencies, I have a problem with opiates, meth, etc. I think if they were legal, a percentage of the population would do them for no other reason than "It's legal, must be ok" and we don't need more people on opiates, meth, etc. If they could do them and stay the hell in their house it wouldn't be a problem, but again responsible usage and serious drugs don't seem to go hand in hand.

I'd be in favor of a "red light district" approach where you can do any drug you want at a controlled facility where you check in, but you aren't allowed to leave unless you can pass a sobriety test. And if it becomes an opium den that some people just never leave, well that's better than having them out walking around creating problems for the rest of us. Surgeon general warnings that "Opium Will Kill You" at the door and then you are on your own.
    It's hard to deny the addictive power of drugs like Heroin, Oxy, Meth, and Cocaine. They will straight up ruin lives.

I also think the societal impact of drugs is made worse by economic decline. If you look at it without context it can seem like a chicken/egg paradox, where the folks who are ruining their lives with opiates, meth, and even weed are also the ones who are unemployable. If you take a longer view, many of those same people (admittedly not all) might have become productive members of society, instead of falling into drug use, if their local economies hadn't been decimated by the death of local industry.

That crack/meth pipe might look awfully good if everything and everyone around you says you'll never have more than a minimum wage dead-end job, will never marry, own a home, or leave the shit hole town you were born in.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Or it could be like firearms. The perception that government wishes to ban piques interest, albeit only when Democrat controlled. Republicans actually banning stuff doesn't get the same response.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    People don't spend millions of dollars to become public servants, all that money is an investment they intend to recoup with huge dividends.
    And there is the crux of the problem in one sentence.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    O'Reilly started off as a fire brand but then tried to become "reasonable". Nobody wanted reasonable. Tucker lets Leftists come on and present their viewpoint, vomiting on all of us in 5 minute stretches. Tucker still thinks this is the 1990s and he is on Crossfire. I have heard enough Leftist talk for a lifetime. Now is the time for action.
    During the 1990's, O'Reilly drooled all over Bill Clinton and was despised on firearms message boards. Bush took office and O'Reilly drooled all over him too and quickly became a reliable info source on firearms message boards. Similar scenario with Prime Minister Tony Blair.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-15-19 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    O'Reilly started off as a fire brand but then tried to become "reasonable". Nobody wanted reasonable. Tucker lets Leftists come on and present their viewpoint, vomiting on all of us in 5 minute stretches. Tucker still thinks this is the 1990s and he is on Crossfire. I have heard enough Leftist talk for a lifetime. Now is the time for action.
    O’Reilly was an important counter the the left wing propaganda machine known as the MSM and usually very reasoned and logical....but he was still a NY conservative. I used to cringe when he would refer to AR 15s as “heavy weapons” and even sent an email about it.

I like Tucker most of the time ...except for that obnoxious fake laugh he does when he is taking down some loopy lefty. This is still my favorite Tucker moment though...

Last edited by OldState; 01-15-19 at 09:27.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Not necessarily opposition but good commentary:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...m-vs-populism/
    thanks

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    So I take it you're engaging in some action against the left, then? What action might that be?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    It's hard to deny the addictive power of drugs like Heroin, Oxy, Meth, and Cocaine. They will straight up ruin lives.

I also think the societal impact of drugs is made worse by economic decline. If you look at it without context it can seem like a chicken/egg paradox, where the folks who are ruining their lives with opiates, meth, and even weed are also the ones who are unemployable. If you take a longer view, many of those same people (admittedly not all) might have become productive members of society, instead of falling into drug use, if their local economies hadn't been decimated by the death of local industry.

That crack/meth pipe might look awfully good if everything and everyone around you says you'll never have more than a minimum wage dead-end job, will never marry, own a home, or leave the shit hole town you were born in.
    You are way too perceptive to be posting here.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post

Exactly. Hard drugs aren’t inherently more available in Appalachia than they are in Houston. What’s prevalent is the lack of a future. I’m from West Virginia originally. I don’t live there anymore...I wanted to have a career. There are amazing and beautiful parts of the state that firmly buck the stereotype, but sadly much of it does not.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I mostly agree, the second hand cigarette smoke I deal with is bad enough, hate to think what it would be like if weed was legal. If people could just do that shit in their own house it wouldn't even be an issue but drugs and responsible usage don't seem to go hand in hand.

Additionally, despite my libertarian tendencies, I have a problem with opiates, meth, etc. I think if they were legal, a percentage of the population would do them for no other reason than "It's legal, must be ok" and we don't need more people on opiates, meth, etc. If they could do them and stay the hell in their house it wouldn't be a problem, but again responsible usage and serious drugs don't seem to go hand in hand
    I’ll let them do all the drugs they want as long as they sign a document rejecting any government assistance of any kind for life.

Do all the drugs you want, I have zero interest in continuing to fund peoples bad decisions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast