6 3.47%
  • SpringField Loaded

82 47.40%
  • Other (please specify)

62 35.84%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 1911

Feedback Score
    I voted for the Sig GSR which apparently puts me in the minority here. I spent three years looking for a gun to use in IDPA and IPSC competition and now I have a SIG GSR Revolution STX. It has been the only gun that I have tried that had been gtg straight out of the box. I tried a SA Operator and it lasted about 200 rounds before it locked up tight, had to send it back to Springfield to get it fixed. Then I tried a Kimber and to be honest it was a joke. The rear sight came off and the extractor came out of it. The S&W that I tried was a good gun but it didn't have the kind of accuracy that I was looking for. I ran these guns hard, other than the Springfield which locked up after ony 200 rounds, I put between 4,000 to 5,000 rounds through these guns before I had any problems with them. But the SIG has stood up amazingly well. I purchased it back in January and since then I have fired between 10,000 and 10,500 rounds through it and the only time it has ever jammed was when I loaded a round that was a little to long for it. All of these rounds were handloads loaded with bullseye which is incredibly dirty and I have shot the gun nearly 2,000 times since I cleaned it last just to see if it would choke and I dont think it is going to happen. The only thing I have done to this pistol is to change the recoil spring and that is just part of maintenance. I know that the Baer and Wilson guns are nice, I have a Wilson that I carry for self defense, but if you are looking for a good gun for around $1,00o I would look at the Revolution STX.

Feedback Score
    I've got three Springfield 1911's. All chambered in .45ACP. I've got a Springfield Loaded Champion in stainless finish, a Springfield TRP in satin stainless finish and the Springfield TRP Operator which has their Armory Kote finish.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567