New Build: I'm a fan of grey for rifles and tried to get as many parts as I could in some shade of grey. Those I couldn't find, I went with tan/FDE or black. The original plan was to use a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 on this, but the PA 1-6 was on sale for $174 during Black Friday weekend so I'm going to give it a go first. It's my first time using the Geissele Super 42 buffer system and it's tough to pull all the way open at first - very strong spring. I've traditionally used the Vltor A5 system, but since everything Mr Geissele makes is extremely well thought out, I figured I'd give it a try.

I still need to get BUIS at some point, but it's not a duty rifle so there is no hurry. I like the 1.93" height scope mount for upright shooting (standing, kneeling) but for traditional prone it's tough to monopod on the magazine. I haven't tried urban prone or shot a 9-hole wall yet to get a feel for unconventional shooting positions.

The Scout M600P was one I had in the safe from another rifle and gets the job done for now. I may switch to my favorite setup which is an X300U at 12 o'clock on the rail. The Scout light may interfere with offset BUIS which will be necessary since the Geissele optic mount is not a QD like the ADM's I normally use.

During the function test the gun shot EXTREMELY flat! It behaved as if it had a compensator on the muzzle. It didn't matter how quickly I worked the trigger the gun stayed in one spot. I'm not sure if it's the Super 42 spring and setup, or the 6315 hider, or a combination. I want to fiddle with different configurations later to see if I can attribute the shootability to one or a couple of parts. It's far and away my favorite rifle now. FCD does say their 6315 hider has a slightly different sizing on the ports from a regular A2 so this may contribute.

PARTS LIST

Barrel: DSG Arms, 416R Stainless, 1/8 twist, Mid-gas, 16"
Gas Tube: Aero Precision Melonited
Upper Receiver: ABC Rifle Company, anodized grey
Lower Receiver: Brownells, anodized grey
Handguard: Geissele Mk16, anodized grey
Muzzle Device: Forward Control Design 6315
VFG: Railscales Anchor
BCG: Sionics Weapons NP3
Charging Handle: Geissele Airborne
Trigger: Geissele SD-C
Trigger Guard: Guntec USA
LPK: DSG Arms
Safety/Selector: BAD-ASS
Mag Catch Button: Seekins
Receiver Extension: Geissele
Buffer / Spring: Geissele Super 42 w/ H1
Pistol Grip: B5 Systems Grip-23
Stock: B5 Systems Bravo
Takedown Pins: Titanium from DSG Arms
Bolt Catch: Maritime Bolt Catch from Geissele
Weapon Light: Surefire Scout M600P with Arisaka M-lok mount
Sling: VTAC Padded, ALG Defense QD swivels, Arisaka QD M-lok mount
Optic: Primary Arms 1-6X24mm SFP Rifle Scope GEN III - Illuminated ACSS 5.56 / 5.45 / .308 Reticle
Optic Mount: Geissele 1.93" Scope mount
Ejection Port Door: PAMAX Tacitcal
Forward Assist: DSG Arms