Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Response to local indoor range RO reprimand/Please read and provide thoughts & insigh

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    OP, you need to join a private gun club.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You already posted this on 2 gun boards.

What is your point?

Open your own range if you feel so blindly you were smitted and feel entitled.

Already, I know your age and probably the brand of truck you drive.

Go to the cafe, eat a humble pie and move on.

As I stated on the other board, my indoor range closed because of ricochet, accidents, people misusing equipment.

Follow their rules or go to the bank and open your own range.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    OP, you need to join a private gun club.

That's sound advice, but the OP may want to speak with current gun club members about restrictions on shooting on the move, target placement etc. before joining.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I don't about steel "targets", but I've seen steel core ammunition reek havoc on bullet traps at indoor ranges. People get upset when you explain the restriction on steel core ammunition and post scathing remarks on Twitter, Facebook, etc., without mentioning what the range owner or RO told them about damage to equipment.
    Not as sure on indoor range backstops either. And on the "any" ammo that will attract a magnet, I should have tossed in a caveat about steel jacketed ammo (which in my experience won't damage steel targets) versus something like .30-06 M2 ball which will, of course, work as intended on steel. And all the while not taking issue with 45gr jhp .223 which (in my experience) will chew up targets in short order due to velocity. One that does seem legit, but usually isn't listed as the logic, is steel on steel hits causing sparks and fire potential.

Another one further back was a USFS employee at their public range convinced people were mowing down 4x4 treated target frames with machine guns while equally certain the #7-1/2 & #8 pellets embedded in the stubs along with the pile of 12 gauge empties 10' away played no role in the damage.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-15-19 at 10:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    In the case of one of our local indoor ranges, the business owner has to weigh their $700,000 investment on bullet traps against restrictions on target placement and ammunition used. Making $15-$30 on a range fee vs a $700,000 investment is a consideration.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Just let it go.
    My thoughts, also.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    That's sound advice, but the OP may want to speak with current gun club members about restrictions on shooting on the move, target placement etc. before joining.
    And that his dues won't be used to subsidize trap and skeet while the rifle/pistol range get neglected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    You already posted this on 2 gun boards.

What is your point?

Open your own range if you feel so blindly you were smitted and feel entitled.

Already, I know your age and probably the brand of truck you drive.

Go to the cafe, eat a humble pie and move on.

As I stated on the other board, my indoor range closed because of ricochet, accidents, people misusing equipment.

Follow their rules or go to the bank and open your own range.

Good luck.

Really? I don't believe anything about my post makes me appear as if I feel entitled. I was looking for opinions as to what the concern was, so that I could add more to my knowledge base. I didn't post looking for arguments or criticism. I find the confrontational nature of your response amusing. Just for the sake of argument? How old am I and what kind of truck do you think I drive? I mean, since you know me so well. Perhaps you were the RO that reprimanded me? If so, I again apologize for violating a rule that I had no way of knowing existed.
    Last edited by PaseMkr; 01-15-19 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    Like I said, I understand the creation of the rules are for everyone's safety and are created based upon the lowest common denominator of shooter. For clarification for those who raised certain points in their post. I wasn't using steel core ammunition and like I said there was no such rule listed among the rules. The range had been in existence for five years, so I found it odd that a rule that had been in place that entire time wasn't listed among all the range rules. IF it had been, I would not have been breaking the rule. It is hard to follow rules that you are unaware of. Consider it let go by me. I agree, a private club sounds like an amazing idea.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You remind me of the guy who destroyed all of the chronos at my current range.

Instructions was written all over on how to use it yet he destroyed it and then whines that he is Russian and his English wasn't so good on how to use it.

Press on
    Wait for zero fps to show.
    Shoot inside the chrono space

Do not shoot chrono..
    Do not shoot the wires surrounding the chrono.

Still he shot the chrono...and wire.

You understand everything what was going on.

All ranges have range nazis and funky rules.

End of the day like on the other board.

There rules, there setup..end of story..

Or go to the next board meeting and read to the committee everything you just wrote.
    Or
    Open your own private range and make your own rules that suits you.

I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast