Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DANIEL DEFENSE 30MM OPTICS MOUNT (DOUBLE RING)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

DANIEL DEFENSE 30MM OPTICS MOUNT (DOUBLE RING)

I see these floating around but don't see any reviews / experience on them.

Attractive to me because of the (1) light weight @ 5.5 oz, (2) non-QD, and (3) price point $150.

Anyone see / use / play with these?

https://danieldefense.com/components...uble-ring.html
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 01-15-19 at 10:23.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    THanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Attractive to me because of the (1) light weight @ 5.5 oz, (2) non-QD, and (3) price point $150.
    To which I will add well-made, well-finished and without any protruding fastening hardware, very snag-free. No regrets on the purchase.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yeah, I was unimpressed for serious use. Didn't like how the two screws pinch / bend the bottom to clamp onto the rail. Probably works fine for range use but for snag free bombproof I'll stick with AADMOUNTs and Geissele for easier on / off.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Yeah, I was unimpressed for serious use. Didn't like how the two screws pinch / bend the bottom to clamp onto the rail. Probably works fine for range use but for snag free bombproof I'll stick with AADMOUNTs and Geissele for easier on / off.
    The same attachment system DD uses for all of their rail accessories (including their highly regarded fixed irons). I am unaware of any widespread reports of failure or complaints with that attachment system.

IMO, the DD mounts strikes a good balance of weight and cost, and certainly seems robust enough to not break on impact before the scope itself is damaged. If we were discussing Aero mounts I'd agree with your assessment.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Does anyone know the height to center of optic in the DD mount? It looks a bit higher than a 1.5", but DD doesn't have the height spec listed on their site. I would love a 1.75" height mount, but from my research they do not exist, only 1.5 or 1.93.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    The same attachment system DD uses for all of their rail accessories (including their highly regarded fixed irons). I am unaware of any widespread reports of failure or complaints with that attachment system.

IMO, the DD mounts strikes a good balance of weight and cost, and certainly seems robust enough to not break on impact before the scope itself is damaged. If we were discussing Aero mounts I'd agree with your assessment.
    Yeah, I have no quantitative data to say it's bad, other than you don't see people using DD Optic mounts, Aimpoint Mounts, or fixed irons much any more.

Compared to other systems, it just didn't strike me as robust for only 2 oz less than a Geissele mount.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown3 View Post
    Does anyone know the height to center of optic in the DD mount? It looks a bit higher than a 1.5", but DD doesn't have the height spec listed on their site. I would love a 1.75" height mount, but from my research they do not exist, only 1.5 or 1.93.
    Part of the problem with DD is they post little useful information on the mount and incomplete photos.

But the box says it's 1.5" Height. I didn't measure it, but that is what it says.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sbrown3 View Post
    Badger is making a 1.70", should be able to buy it in March, I believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast