Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Shutdown Trap - Smoke Out the Resistance

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Trump's Shutdown Trap - Smoke Out the Resistance

Saw this posted elsewhere and enjoyed the read. I don't know if it will/can happen but it might be good.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/14/s...ut-resistance/

"As one of the senior officials working without a paycheck, a few words of advice for the president’s next move at shuttered government agencies: lock the doors, sell the furniture, and cut them down.

Federal employees are starting to feel the strain of the shutdown. I am one of them. But for the sake of our nation, I hope it lasts a very long time, till the government is changed and can never return to its previous form.

The lapse in appropriations is more than a battle over a wall. It is an opportunity to strip wasteful government agencies for good."

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...down_trap.html

"Has President Trump suckered Democrats and the Deep State into a trap that will enable a radical downsizing of the federal bureaucracy? In only five more days of the already "longest government shutdown in history" (25 days and counting, as of today), a heretofore obscure threshold will be reached, enabling permanent layoffs of bureaucrats furloughed 30 days or more."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting angle. I’d love for it to be true and see a mass extinction of beaurocratic federal glut.

We could cut 90% of the fed.gov and be so much better off.

It will be interesting to see what happens with this shutdown no matter how the chips fall.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    I hope he's that smart. Reagan stood up to the the air traffic controllers and fired them when they tried to illegally strike. Maybe he's reading from the same playbook.

Feedback Score
    that would be funny and now its published if it had any chance its gone most likely ? but who knows

sadly I am not sure he can lay off so many as those in charge wont let it happen

this demise of our country and the over reach and power of our gov is a bit like trying to slow down a train or a tanker by putting your foot out I feel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    that would be funny and now its published if it had any chance its gone most likely ? but who knows

sadly I am not sure he can lay off so many as those in charge wont let it happen

this demise of our country and the over reach and power of our gov is a bit like trying to slow down a train or a tanker by putting your foot out I feel
    To a certain extent, if you leave people furloughed without pay long enough they will have to move on to other jobs just to survive, so it's not just a matter of evoking some layoff rule.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post

I agree. People need to STFU about this stuff. It's like telling AQ that we were killing them using their cell phones.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The idea that you can get rid of 90% of federal workers is just ludicrous. Most of what the federal government does is either contracted our or just moving money around to pay for programs.

There are only about 2.79M federal workers. Getting rid of 90% would mean taking it to 279,000. That means you can keep DHS and DOJ, combined, and nothing else.

Not going to happen.

If this article is correct, and it's not, then once again you are seeing conservatives govern by soundbite, even if it isn't effective.

And unless you reorganize the federal government (which Trump hasn't tried) the Democrats will wait until they win in 2020 or 2024 and restock the government with their people.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I see that the myth of 64-dimensional chess playing DJT is still alive and well.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I hope he's that smart. Reagan stood up to the the air traffic controllers and fired them when they tried to illegally strike. Maybe he's reading from the same playbook.
    This is what we're hoping for!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    This is what we're hoping for!
    And yet we still have federal air traffic controllers.

Aren't going to shrink the government like that...

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast