Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Shutdown Trap - Smoke Out the Resistance

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    The cat has been out of the bag on this for a while. Clinton did 364 EO's, GWB 291, Obama 276 and Trump 91 so far. If future American President, Akbar Al-Shabbi (D- MN), tries to outlaw guns, I think most citizens would just laugh. Probably like the Bump Stock rule is going to work out. Myself and many others are just detaching from what happens in D.C. I still support Trump, but my life won't be controlled by all this political drama.
    quit letting facts get in the way

when you bring up those facts or things those other dems have said or do the left just calls you a racist or whatever and ignores you and it and doubles down well he does it to !

just like their history they like to change it or distract the moment its challenged and the truth comes out ! some insane times we are living in and hope it turns around

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    The Dems don’t want to do anything about illegal immigration because that would shrink their voter pool.
    and rich republicans their cheap labor pool

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    and rich republicans their cheap labor pool
    That’s a canard, the big corporations want cheap labor to flood in and depress wages. And last time I checked, Bezos and Cook were solid (D) voters and donors.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    That’s a canard, the big corporations want cheap labor to flood in and depress wages. And last time I checked, Bezos and Cook were solid (D) voters and donors.
    The only major donation we know of regarding Bezos funding is to help elect veterans to either party. I’m sure you’re right that he is a democrat, and funds them, but he’s no Soros either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    The only major donation we know of regarding Bezos funding is to help elect veterans to either party. I’m sure you’re right that he is a democrat, and funds them, but he’s no Soros either.
    do some digging !
    unlike soros he is keeping his hand to himself at this point but he is not a good guy either
    of course the way he treats employees is proof enough

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    do some digging !
    unlike soros he is keeping his hand to himself at this point but he is not a good guy either
    of course the way he treats employees is proof enough
    Oh certainly. I don’t mean to defend him or his business practices. And I’m not under the illusion that he’s a friend to the cause.

I do use a lot of amazon services though. Hell, a huge chunk of the Internet is reliant on AWS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Oh certainly. I don’t mean to defend him or his business practices. And I’m not under the illusion that he’s a friend to the cause.

I do use a lot of amazon services though. Hell, a huge chunk of the Internet is reliant on AWS.
    yeah me to its a tough thing cause it does also support small biz owners and a so called all out ban would hurt many good folks to ?
    also some companies then use outside companies for product photography or design or marketing and manufacturing and so on so its quite wide spread and deep but he gets his pennies no matter what
    many do not realize this and think its all just his branded stuff ? not saying you in general some do

I do try to go to stores when I can and support local but here it means way less then it did where I am from ? odd times for sure we live in

the thing that steams me is the takes advantage of tax dollars as we all know which is sadly something they need to stop helping such a huge biz !!!!! the side of our gov I despise

i do wish the gov would not help one tiny bit with it and that in turn would allow brick mortar to once again compete better and prices would be higher of course but we pay one way or the other and those who choose not to use it wont be paying as they do now !

any and all companies should get NO help from our gov in any way

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    No one standing with Pelosi and Schumer wants a secure border. The lies they tell pretending they do are laughable. They CLAIM they want a secure border, but they're not even willing to offer the asked for $5.7B to fund more officers, tech and immigration courts/judges to process the asylum requests within the proscribed time frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    The Dems don’t want to do anything about illegal immigration because that would shrink their voter pool.
    House Democrats are supposed to vote next week to increase border security spending by $1 billion.

Last year, a bipartisan bill was proposed in the Senate that would have given $25 billion in border security spending.

The former will doubtless not be even debated in the Senate and the latter was vetoed by Trump.

So, yeah. Totally the Democrats' fault. DJT, whose businesses have benefitted from the use of immigrant labor, is utterly blameless.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    House Democrats are supposed to vote next week to increase border security spending by $1 billion.

Last year, a bipartisan bill was proposed in the Senate that would have given $25 billion in border security spending.

The former will doubtless not be even debated in the Senate and the latter was vetoed by Trump.

So, yeah. Totally the Democrats' fault. DJT, whose businesses have benefitted from the use of immigrant labor, is utterly blameless.
    That $25 billion, was it an authorization or an appropriation? If it was an actual appropriation, what if anything was attached to it that might’ve killed the deal?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    After the President laid it out yesterday, who can defend not building the wall with some logical reasoning?
    I understand that walls don't work everywhere, but where they do work, they need to be built. There are a wide varieties of technologies that we can use to secure the border, if we don't take advantage of all of them, we're simply fools.
    I would like to hear Nancy Pelosi come out with her plan for securing the border, and to be honest, She's got no reason for international junkets when there is real work to be done here in the House to find a workable compromise.
    If She will not do so, I see no reason why the President doesn't declare it a National Emergency and use his powers to circumvent Nancy and the House of Representatives to get it done.
    To put this in perspective ask yourself "How many lives are lost due to California's annual wildfires?" then compare that to the lives lost due to illegal immigration, drug smuggling, and the economic impact of illegal immigrants. The staggering difference between the two. I don't think Nancy has ever complained about the POTUS declaring her wildfires a National Emergency, so why oppose this?

It's time we got some Leadership, Statesmanship and a lot less gamesmanship out of the Swamp from both sides of the isle.
    Last edited by Averageman; 01-20-19 at 07:27.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast