Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Shutdown Trap - Smoke Out the Resistance

Feedback Score
    We need to change that damn BS asylum law. I know it'll never happen with a Democrap House but it needs to be tried. THAT law, the way it is written now, is our downfall with illegal immigration. Every single one of those vermin knows that all they have to say is "I want asylum" and some long, drawn-out BS process takes place.

Another thing: as far as ICE dumping these bastards on our streets.....if I'm not mistaken it is a judge's decision that came up with the horseshit two week detention thing. If it isn't part of the law, like actually written into it, Trump should ignore it and detain those lowlifes until their cases are adjudicated (and hold them under the most sparse of conditions).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    We need to change that damn BS asylum law. I know it'll never happen with a Democrap House but it needs to be tried. THAT law, the way it is written now, is our downfall with illegal immigration. Every single one of those vermin knows that all they have to say is "I want asylum" and some long, drawn-out BS process takes place.

Another thing: as far as ICE dumping these bastards on our streets.....if I'm not mistaken it is a judge's decision that came up with the horseshit two week detention thing. If it isn't part of the law, like actually written into it, Trump should ignore it and detain those lowlifes until their cases are adjudicated (and hold them under the most sparse of conditions).
    I agree, totally with all of the above. Reagan's agreement with the Dem's on amnesty has turned out to be a magnet for anyone South of the border who wants to come here, they understand we do not have the resolve to stop their crimes.
    I'm really glad the Trump has been so successful with his judicial appointments. At this point there are far to many judges legislating from the Bench.
    If I were to add anything to the above it would be a "Guest Worker" program and some harsh penalties for employers skirting the system and hiring illegals, those folks need a monetary fine and a minimum mandatory of two years per violation.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I agree, totally with all of the above. Reagan's agreement with the Dem's on amnesty has turned out to be a magnet for anyone South of the border who wants to come here, they understand we do not have the resolve to stop their crimes.
    I'm really glad the Trump has been so successful with his judicial appointments. At this point there are far to many judges legislating from the Bench.
    If I were to add anything to the above it would be a "Guest Worker" program and some harsh penalties for employers skirting the system and hiring illegals, those folks need a monetary fine and a minimum mandatory of two years per violation.
    Any guest worker program should NOT include a pathway to citizenship; work only. The naturalization process (and it's waiting line, $$$, and length of time) should be totally separate from a guest worker program. Wanna come here as a guest worker? Pass a screening, you come ALONE (no welfare-sucking leech family with you), and it is for a predetermined amount of time. Then it must be renewed. Wanna become a citizen? There is a separate process for naturalization and being a guest worker does not circumvent ANY of that process or get you ahead in the line.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    I often amuse myself thinking about what the right would have done if Obama has done 1% of what Trump has done. The level of hypocrisy is astounding.
    You're joking, right? Remember DACA? That wasn't a legislatively passed item, it was an Executive Order. Also, that "1% of what Trump has done"......like what pray tell? Exactly what has Trump done that is so off the charts? Not things he's said he would do, but actually done. Despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over a wall funded by a "national emergency" it hasn't happened.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You're joking, right? Remember DACA? That wasn't a legislatively passed item, it was an Executive Order. Also, that "1% of what Trump has done"......like what pray tell? Exactly what has Trump done that is so off the charts? Not things he's said he would do, but actually done. Despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth over a wall funded by a "national emergency" it hasn't happened.
    Bump stock.

Shutdown govt for record # days.

Off the top of my head.

He isn't our savior, and as to whether we would be better off with or without HC, recently I've began to wonder.

In my simple view, the way this President thing is supposed to work is he gives the Congress what the .mil would say is 'commanders intent' and leaves them to go to it, then he either signs or vetoes the result.

If HC had been elected, would the Dems have the House right now? I think it is unlikely. Without support of the House and the Senate, nothing way crazy a President wants is going to get done.

I'm not sure at the end of the day, OTHER than judicial appointments, we would be worse off.

Once again, I'm a simpleton.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Perhaps we're overlooking the bump employment and the economy got when he deregulated a large part of our economy?
    He could have accomplished a lot more had McConnell and Ryan got onboard. Instead they drug their feet and were almost obstructive to his policy.
    Getting us out of Syria is another major accomplishment.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    That $25 billion, was it an authorization or an appropriation? If it was an actual appropriation, what if anything was attached to it that might’ve killed the deal?
    Dunno. But an extension for DACA was included. The same extension that Trump suddenly seems to be a fan of.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Dunno. But an extension for DACA was included. The same extension that Trump suddenly seems to be a fan of.
    I think he was more more putting it out there in order for Pelosi to reject.
    Another point in Trump's favour is the way he is stacking his appointments for Judges.

Feedback Score
    Glad you asked!
    1. Giving his children and close family jobs in the white house.
    2. Sky rocketing the national debt
    3. Grounding the speaker of the house and revealing where they going
    4. Looking and talking about classified information in a public restaurant
    5. Shutting down the government over 5 billion dollars
    6. Disrespecting John Mccain
    7. Fighting with and alienating NATO and it's allies
    8. Golfing more than actually working
    9. Ignored Emoluments Clause in the Constitution With Trump Hotel
    10. Multiple vacations a month(4-5ish)
    11. Charging consistently large amounts money for travel and related expenses to the taxpayers
    12. Have 4 kids from 3 different women
    13.Possible collusion with a foreign government to win or influence the presidential election
    14. A cabinet full of unqualified people who donated to the campaign and had loyalty to only the president(WIth the exception of Jim Mattis but we got rid of that free thinker)
    15. Handing out paper towels to Puerto Rico hurricane refuges

15 feels like a good place to stop. It's not like you're going to believe me anyway.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by morbidbattlecry View Post
    Glad you asked!
    1. Giving his children and close family jobs in the white house.
    2. Sky rocketing the national debt
    3. Grounding the speaker of the house and revealing where they going
    4. Looking and talking about classified information in a public restaurant
    5. Shutting down the government over 5 billion dollars
    6. Disrespecting John Mccain
    7. Fighting with and alienating NATO and it's allies
    8. Golfing more than actually working
    9. Ignored Emoluments Clause in the Constitution With Trump Hotel
    10. Multiple vacations a month(4-5ish)
    11. Charging consistently large amounts money for travel and related expenses to the taxpayers
    12. Have 4 kids from 3 different women
    13.Possible collusion with a foreign government to win or influence the presidential election
    14. A cabinet full of unqualified people who donated to the campaign and had loyalty to only the president(WIth the exception of Jim Mattis but we got rid of that free thinker)
    15. Handing out paper towels to Puerto Rico hurricane refuges

15 feels like a good place to stop. It's not like you're going to believe me anyway.
    Cash for Clunkers
    Bailout
    Obamacare
    Fast and Furious
    Arab Spring
    Muslim resettlement and immigration
    Encouraging illegal immigration
    Doubling the national debt
    Increasing unfounded mandates to over $100 Trillion
    Destroying the coal industry
    Solyndra
    And on and on