Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VA People- Northam Wants To Go Fulll Retard On Gun Laws

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)

VA People- Northam Wants To Go Fulll Retard On Gun Laws

Heads up for VA. Northam and cronies want the whole nine yards
    (Posting In GD since regional is low traffic)

https://wset.com/news/at-the-capitol...n-next-session

He said the package includes measures to require universal background checks; establish an Extreme Risk Protective Order; reinstate Virginia’s One Handgun a Month law; prohibit individuals subject to final protective orders from possessing firearms; ban assault firearms; prevent children from accessing firearms; and require individuals to report lost or stolen firearms to law enforcement.
    The bill also modifies the definition of assault firearm to any firearm that is equipped with a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds of ammunition.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Yeah, word has bee getting around. I'm telling all interested parties to link up with the VCDL and FPC.

I don't think the most egregious portions have a chance in hell this year, but in the next few...

Sad thing is that I escaped California to come to Virginia. All those nuts out there chirping, "Move to a free state!" can blow.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Yeah, word has bee getting around. I'm telling all interested parties to link up with the VCDL and FPC.

I don't think the most egregious portions have a chance in hell this year, but in the next few...

Sad thing is that I escaped California to come to Virginia. All those nuts out there chirping, "Move to a free state!" can blow.
    That's why we need to actually start pushing back. We're running out of "free states" to run to.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) works very hard to protect Virginia's 2A rights. I highly recommend joining and, at a minimum, sign up for their email updates (VA Alerts, link: https://www.vcdl.org/VA-ALERT )

Lobby day (MLK day) is a strong venue to voice your opinions at the Capital Building in Richmond. VCDL organizes an impressive force for it and can always use more voices to be heard.
    Last edited by Lincoln7; 01-11-19 at 08:17. Reason: add link
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post

Great advice, and no kidding. Republicans still hold a slim majority in the state legislature, but this is an election year and it may only be a matter of time before the anti grown wins the few extra seats they need to push this sort of nonsense through. And with a rabidly anti-gun Governor leading the charge that Dem majority would be disastrous. We'd go full NJ/NY/MA?MD crazy within a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln7 View Post
    VCDL (Virginia Citizens Defense League) works very hard to protect Virginia's 2A rights. I highly recommend joining and, at a minimum, sign up for their email updates (VA Alerts, link: https://www.vcdl.org/VA-ALERT )

Lobby day (MLK day) is a strong venue to voice your opinions at the Capital Building in Richmond. VCDL organizes an impressive force for it and can always use more voices to be heard.

Amen. VCDL is a strong pro 2A voice in Virginia. It's well worth the effort to join and participate when you can.
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-11-19 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Join VCDL and give them money!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    isn't he the clown, that wants Route 81 to be a toll road.

Friggin libs of Northern Va and with Amazon moving in, hold onto your pants! Friggin state will be forever BLUE.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If we keep putting up terrible candidates. These hard social conservatives don't have a prayer in hell. The state wants to stay red but we do everything in our power to put up candidates that will never win the general.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    If we keep putting up terrible candidates. These hard social conservatives don't have a prayer in hell. The state wants to stay red but we do everything in our power to put up candidates that will never win the general.
    and... we don't show up to vote.

Feedback Score
    Good news from VCDL president Philip Van Cleave via VA Alerts email:

1. Legislative Update

Tonight was an excellent night for Virginia gun owners! THAT SAID, IF WE DON'T VOTE IN GOOD PEOPLE IN SEPTEMBER, THIS COULD ALL CHANGE NEXT YEAR.

The anti's behaved themselves tonight. Of course it helped that a Capitol police officer was in the room the whole time to serve as a reminder to keep things civil. Chairman Farris made it clear in his initial remarks that incivility would NOT be tolerated.

Even Richmond Mayor Stoney, with interim police chief in tow, was there to push gun control.

BIG THANKS TO THE REPUBLICANS, WHO ALL VOTED CORRECTLY TONIGHT: Matt Fariss, Mike Webert, Nick Frietas, and Jeffrey Campbell.

NOTE: Keep Democrat John Bell in your prayers. He had to leave the subcommittee early tonight because of a tragedy within his family. No further information at this time.

-

Here are the bills and their status:

HB 2399, Delegate Lopez, allows police to drag their heels in approving gun purchases. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 2244, Delegate Sullivan, prohibits the possess or transport a firearm for someone committing a crime that is a MISDEMEANOR. KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 1956, Delegate Toscano, bans guns during a "permitted event." KILLED by a 4 to 1 vote!

HB 2479, Delegate Plum, Universal Background Checks. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2285, Delegate Hayes, makes it a felony if an someone under 18 gets access to a firearm. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2492, Delegate Tran, "assault" firearms that have magazines that hold more than 10 rounds. KILLED by a vote of 3 to 1!

HB 2604, Delegate Ward, One Handgun a Month bill. KILLED by a vote of 4 to 1!

HB 2253, Delegate Pogge, makes State Police issue non-resident CHPs in 45 days (currenttly taking 5 months). PASSED 4 to 2 and heads to full committee Friday morning!

HB 1763, Delegate Sullivan, Red Flag law. KILLED by 4 to 2 after long debate!

HB 1691, Delegate Simon, expands ban on completely-plastic guns. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!

HB 1644, Delegate Bourne, punishes gun owner who does not report a lost or stolen gun quickly enough with a fine and opens up civil and criminal liability. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!

HB 1992, Delegate Price, bans guns at local government meetings. KILLED by a 4 to 2!

HB 1654, Delegate Rasoul, prohibits loaded rifles in certain localities. KILLED by a 4 to 2!

HB 1856, Delegate McQuinn, bans guns in libraries. KILLED by a 4 to 2 vote!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast