Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Gillette Ad

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    But I am not the one butthurt over a commercial that boils down to "don't be a jerk".
    Do you honestly believe perpetuating a negative stereotype of a group based on the sex they were born as is somehow not offensive?

That this type of stereotyping has no more impact on an average 12 year old boy than "don't be a jerk"?

That the term is not precisely engineered to attach a negative to man/masculinity? (Just like "gun violence")

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Do you honestly believe perpetuating a negative stereotype of a group based on the sex they were born as is somehow not offensive?

That this type of stereotyping has no more impact on an average 12 year old boy than "don't be a jerk"?

That the term is not precisely engineered to attach a negative to man/masculinity? (Just like "gun violence")
    I didn't find it as offensive as i did hypocritical. There's no two way street there, and we all know it. That's what irks me. If Tampax did a commercial about how women could be nicer around that time of month, or maybe more attentive to their children, etc, the melt down would be epic and total, no matter how delicately they attempted it.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All trash talk aside. Men and women need each other. We balance each other out. This androgynous, genderqueer. "woe is me" narrative is counter productive.

We are who we are. And we are what we are. There's nothing wrong or toxic.

We are shaped in our character by those who bore us. Not by commercials written by flakes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I guess I use offensive more as "obviously wrong" or "objectionable" than the faux outrage of today's woke.

"It should be obviously wrong to stereotype", works just as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Really, Who cares?
    It's like the new narrative that unless Trump buckles to Nancy we may have to cancel "The Super Bowl". As soon as those jack wagons began taking a knee, I quit watching.
    I imagine 40% of everyone else in America feels the same

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I haven't seen this posted yet. It's the Chief Branding Officer for Proctor & Gamble, Gillette's parent company, talking about the ad and how it ties into their long term goals.

He's very clear about their intent: to use the power of advertising and branding to affect political and cultural changes to conform with their world view.

ETA: this appears to be the actual interview, it's about 2 1/2 min long:

Link to the original video I posted which is 10 min of mostly commentary, with a section of the above interview starting at 7:10:

https://youtu.be/_VNSatADfls
    Last edited by Tx_Aggie; 01-18-19 at 23:51. Reason: Link changed to original source

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx_Aggie View Post
    I haven't seen this posted yet. It's the Chief Branding Officer for Proctor & Gamble, Gillette's parent company, talking about the ad and how it ties into their long term goals.

He's very clear about their intent: to use the power of advertising and branding to affect political and cultural changes to conform with their world view.
    Leftist corporate fascism. Pretty plain and simple. I think he even used the word 'intersectional', specifically "intersectional equality', which even google seems to find to be a bot out there and not a common use.

Intersectionality is a concept often used in critical theories to describe the ways in which oppressive institutions (racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, xenophobia, classism, etc.) are interconnected and cannot be examined separately from one another.
    P&G is totally down with the SJW platform and against traditional values. That is what they are saying.

Someone needs to start shaving-cream pie these idiots in the face.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I just don't get how the ad that they went with is supposed to sell more razors.
    Oh there will be plenty of people rushing out to throw money at them in support of their leftist orthodoxy, more than a few members on here just became Gillette customers for life.

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post

#metoo

Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 01-19-19 at 07:08.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Gillette Ad

Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Butthurt? The only people I see that are boi vag hurt over this are the virtue signalers such as yourself. People like you just can't stand it when Conservative/White/Republican/Christian/hetero/etc. people stand up and call out the constant hypocrisy and double standards that are rampant in our society.
    These are all over FB right now but speaking of hypocrisy, this one is especially good.
    Last edited by Ryno12; 01-19-19 at 07:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Enough is enough. If you want to debate then debate but skip the personal insults.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011