Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gillette Ad

Feedback Score
    Google trends for "dollar shave club"

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...%2Fm%2F0j64jfv

Guess when the inflection point is......
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-15-19 at 21:27.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I wont be buying them again

bottom line a bit of hurt is good they might like it though

typical idiocy of social justice crap

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I switched to Dollar Shave Club years ago. I recently switched to Harry’s. The blades are nicer.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Google trends for "dollar shave club"

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...%2Fm%2F0j64jfv

Guess when the inflection point is......
    Haha...gotta love that.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Unhappy

- Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    I switched to Dollar Shave Club years ago. I recently switched to Harry’s. The blades are nicer.
    I agree, the handle is worse than DSC, but the blades are better. My masculinity is not very toxic, as I only have to shave every other day. I also shave in the shower and I get several shaves out of a blade. Even with the lowest DSC shipping amount, I ended up quitting two years ago and it took me two years to use up all the blades I stockpiled.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I agree, the handle is worse than DSC, but the blades are better. My masculinity is not very toxic, as I only have to shave every other day. I also shave in the shower and I get several shaves out of a blade. Even with the lowest DSC shipping amount, I ended up quitting two years ago and it took me two years to use up all the blades I stockpiled.

I’m required to be clean shaven every day at work . (Sucks and I hate it.) So for a good while I was on the DSC 5 blade option. Honestly, the Harry’s handle isn’t bad at all. I shave in the shower as well, and haven’t had any slips. They started carrying Harry’s at Target. So I just buy them there as I need them. They do have the handles and blade refills.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have them at WalMart also. I use soap and a brush, generally mid shower, my Harry's blades last a long time.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    There is A LOT to be said for using a quality double edge. There are some really nice newer adjustable ones but I have been using this

https://www.westcoastshaving.com/col...y-safety-razor

since 2007. Blades are absolutely dirt cheap and they work exceptionally well. You’ll get a better shave in less time with less irritation once your skin adjusts. Once you get your technique down you’ll slice hair cleanly off, as opposed to multi-blade razors that actually yank on the hair before the actual cut is performed. Blades from Wilkinson Sword and Derby are my personal favorites.

There are some really good shave creams and soaps out there as well, which can be fun to try. When I’m short in time regular Barbasol applied with a brush works damn good too and a can will last you weeks if not months.

It really amounts to a “penny” shave club. I have a straight razor as well but I was never able to learn the honing and stropping well enough.

Feedback Score
    strop your blades and its insane how long you can make them last

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast