Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR15 vs AR10 buffer/spring diff

Feedback Score
    Nevermind- somehow missed important details the first 3 times I read it.

Op 308 and 223 buffer systems are different. Make sure you understand what is required to work for each system before swapping parts.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-16-19 at 20:03.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bringing actual Armalite AR-10 components into the conversation complicates it even further. As stated, the A5 system wasn't designed for the AR-15 platform. It was initially implemented as a proper length receiver extension by Armalite for the AR-10, for use with AR-15 buffers.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-16-19 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    I’m looking to upgrade both guns .. I’ve had the AR15 for quite some time but just now getting into changing/upgrading parts. I recently purchased an AR10 and been doing some hog hunting but I’m wanting to upgrade both springs and buffers on both, eventually onto some other parts as well (triggers, etc). my 308 is the diamondback 18” mid length gas system, it had the carbine buffer tube and adjustable stock. I switched the buttstock to a fixed Magpul and put on a rifle buffer tube.. ive learned obviously doing so I need to upgrade to the rifle buffer and rifle spring. So clearing things up with the overview .. running the kaks heavy rifle buffer https://www.kakindustry.com/kak-308-rifle-buffer-heavy and a tubbs flat wire spring (fitting both carbine and standard length)https://www.midwayusa.com/product/10...tainless-steel I should be good to go ???

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    None of us can say whether or not your 308 AR (a less confusing name than AR10) will run with the KAK buffer and Tubb spring, but it won't damage anything.

It will slow the recoil impulse down a bit, but it's still a 308, so it's going to recoil like one. I handled a Diamondback 308 in a gun shop about a year ago, and was surprised at how little it weighed.
    Last edited by grizzman; 01-16-19 at 21:19.

Feedback Score
    Just going off what I’ve read in reviews with people saying they have the .308 AR10 w/ tubbs spring and kaks buffer with rifle stock . Showing big change in recoil , Guess I’ll experiment and see for myself.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You already started the same thread in the AR technical section.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12