Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NX8 vs razor hd 1-6 vs vxr patrol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've no qualms with the NX8, just if I could do it over again I'd get one with a capped elevation. Its nice to have, for many reasons, but with it being .2 MRAD clicks, and the reticle being insanely good for holdovers with a 200yd zero out to 330 yd, I'd rather just go not exposed.

But about the usual complaints, ie the eyebox, dot will obscure a Rosie O'Donnell size target at 20 yds, etc, it's fine and I have no problems with it no matter what type of "work" . I shoot groups sometimes with it no issues. Love the razor as well.

It's a fascinating thing, AR-centric scope comes out that's good for precision but OK upclose, but it's an AR and made for run and gun, then an awesome run and gun scope like the NX8 comes out and it's supposedly bad because of muh precision and giant center dot etc... lol

Feedback Score
    The funny thing is that you do not need a fine aiming point to make precise shots as long as part of the target is visible and you can establish a repeatable relationship between target and aiming point.

Those who've shot competitively with iron sights know what I'm talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    It's a fascinating thing, AR-centric scope comes out that's good for precision but OK upclose, but it's an AR and made for run and gun, then an awesome run and gun scope like the NX8 comes out and it's supposedly bad because of muh precision and giant center dot etc... lol
    Yeah I've noticed that a lot. I don't worry about such things because I have precision rifles and general purpose rifles. I don't try to make a firearm be something it isn't good at.
    Last edited by Don Quijote; 01-19-19 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quijote View Post
    The funny thing is that you do not need a fine aiming point to make precise shots as long as part of the target is visible and you can establish a repeatable relationship between target and aiming point.

Those who've shot competitively with iron sights know what I'm talking about.

Yeah I've noticed that a lot. I don't worry about such things because I have precision rifles and general purpose rifles. I don't try to make a firearm be something it isn't good at.
    My 4x Fc2 reticle (2moa dot) never kept me from shooting @1-1.25moa 10 shot groups. I expect to be delighted with the finesse this 1.25moa dot shall afford me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12