Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M4 muzzle mounted flechette launcher device...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M4 muzzle mounted flechette launcher device...

Many years ago popular mechanics or some such magazine had a little blurb about a muzzle device for the M4 that launched a swarm of flechecttes on the first shot. Supposedly it was supposed to help in counter ambush or CQB applications.

I can not find anything about it on google.

Anyone have any idea what I am referring to?

Thanks for the assist.

TED

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Are you talking about from a 40mm? Because from a 5.56 casing it would be pretty lacking...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Are you talking about from a 40mm? Because from a 5.56 casing it would be pretty lacking...
    Nope. Maybe that's why it didn't take off.

It looked like an over sized flash hider and it used the muzzle blast to throw some flechettes out radially when you fired the first time.

TED

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't recall a flechette launcher but I always though the Rifleman's Assault Weapon bowling ball launcher was cool as sh@t.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/foru...ssault-weapon/
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not a flechette launcher, but thought this could have some uses. I know some folks that use it on farms to launch weights with cables attached to pull tarps over huge gain piles. Coke can fits nicely in it too.

https://www.xproducts.com/product/ca...her-ar-15-m16/

There used to be blanks with about 3 power levels and a 308 version, but I don’t see these option offered any longer.
    Last edited by 1_click_off; 01-16-19 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Its official 2019 is the year of the derp threads.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Its official 2019 is the year of the derp threads.
    And of course your crap smells like roses? Don't be a jerk.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    And of course your crap smells like roses? Don't be a jerk.
    OK, Ill bite. Look up the SPIW and Project SALVO, these ideas were tried in the 1950's and scrapped because turned out to be really dumb(surprise surprise).
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-18-19 at 13:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    OK, Ill bite. Look up the SPIW and Project SALVO, these ideas were tried in the 1950's and scrapped because turned out to be really dumb(surprise surprise).
    1. We are talking about different things.

2. At no point in time did I say that either the thing I'm talking about or the thing you are talking about, which, again, are not the same, was a good idea. I simply asked if anyone could point me to any info about or knew what I was referring to.

3. You obviously don.t have information on the device I referred to and have chosen to make negative rather than positive contribution though I'm not sure why.

4. You are still being a jerk. This is of course your right if you choose.

5. If you would like to make a positive contribution you could re-channel your angst into finding information about the device I referred to.

TED

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TED View Post
    1. We are talking about different things.

2. At no point in time did I say that either the thing I'm talking about or the thing you are talking about, which, again, are not the same, was a good idea. I simply asked if anyone could point me to any info about or knew what I was referring to.

3. You obviously don.t have information on the device I referred to and have chosen to make negative rather than positive contribution though I'm not sure why.

4. You are still being a jerk. This is of course your right if you choose.

5. If you would like to make a positive contribution you could re-channel your angst into finding information about the device I referred to.

TED
    If Vcb can find the info, so could you.... his angst seems a very reasonable response... I think I have it now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast