Thread: reinstalling glock front sight.

Feedback Score

reinstalling glock front sight.

I reinstalled my glock front sight with a brand new screw but forgot to clean out the inside of the sight with the old dried loctite will it still be good since its a new screw or should I take it apart again and scrub it down and reinstall?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I'm sure its recommended but I've reinstalled several accessories without cleaning out the old loctite first and haven't had an issue yet. That being said, if its a carry/HD gun and doesn't have a red dot, I'd probably fix it as that's much more of an issue than a light working loose or something.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's probably fine but I wouldn't gamble on it, especially since its not a big deal to take it apart and do it correctly. I use rubbing alcohol to clean the threads and apply blue loctite.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde777 View Post
    I reinstalled my glock front sight with a brand new screw but forgot to clean out the inside of the sight with the old dried loctite will it still be good since its a new screw or should I take it apart again and scrub it down and reinstall?
    If you didn't clean the screw then absolutely take it back apart. I would also suggest red 271 over blue (242) for front sight installs. Glue the blade to the slide and the screw as well.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...st-notch/page2

Should look like this;
    fullsizeoutput_19a by Michael Starmer, on Flickr
    Last edited by MStarmer; 01-18-19 at 11:42.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've always reused the screw. Used a degreaser and always 262 or 271 and never lost one.