Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (May 2019)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Stupid question:

Why would you shoot 9mm "Major" out of a 2011 instead of just getting it made in 38 Super +P?

Before someone says, "So you can shoot normal 9mm out of it (with a recoil spring/main spring swap)", why not have a complete barrel and recoil spring/main spring and not ever have to risk blowing up your gun from accidentally running your Major loads while the gun is set up for Minor? And why not re-spring the G34 for Major?
    Because the gun fu is being driven by techs that are into IPSC/3gun.

I liked the movie, but also groaned when he chose the PCC when he knew he was going to a gun fight. I shoot 3gun where a lot (at least 1/3) of the shooters are using a PCC. I've ask a bunch of them if they knew they were going to a gun fight would they choose the PCC or a .223 AR . They have all said the .223 AR.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Because the gun fu is being driven by techs that are into IPSC/3gun.

I liked the movie, but also groaned when he chose the PCC when he knew he was going to a gun fight. I shoot 3gun where a lot (at least 1/3) of the shooters are using a PCC. I've ask a bunch of them if they knew they were going to a gun fight would they choose the PCC or a .223 AR . They have all said the .223 AR.
    Maybe Wick wouldn't have needed the armor piercing slugs if he'd grabbed a 5.56mm.

...along with the hotel's security team.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    Maybe Wick wouldn't have needed the armor piercing slugs if he'd grabbed a 5.56mm.

...along with the hotel's security team.
    You nailed it. I actually said something similar to my wife.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    This is why I don’t like going to gun movies with gun guys. Lol
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Did anyone else catch the cameo/ode/reference(?) to the Matrix? When he says he’s going to need “guns, lots of guns”. I could have sworn that line was straight out of the Matrix. The scene before the big shootout with security when they went to rescue Morpheus.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Doesn't he say the same thing in Matrix?

Yep!

https://youtu.be/5oZi-wYarDs
    Quote Originally Posted by w3453l View Post
    Did anyone else catch the cameo/ode/reference(?) to the Matrix? When he says he’s going to need “guns, lots of guns”. I could have sworn that line was straight out of the Matrix. The scene before the big shootout with security when they went to rescue Morpheus.
    Yep...

Feedback Score
    She is an attractive woman with a nice body and nice hair.
    Aging well compared to most women that age.

A good example of skin tone has little to do attractive features, a sexy body, and long, good hair.
    A good example of a fit woman taking care of herself can still be desirable past the child bearing years.

I don’t understand her always being touted as the example of a “hot black woman.”

With build, hair, and features that are very atypical for a black woman.

It’s like touting Olivia Munn or Roz Purcell or Andrea Corr as the Hottest Irish Chick.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910