Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum (May 2019)

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    And I continue to be the only guy in the room to see Halle Berry and go ".... meh".

I see this a strike against the franchise, not because I think she ruins a movie or anything like that, not true, Its just now I have to hear every slovenly retard, on every job site from Now til the day Wick 3 hits the walmart $5 bin, go on and on about how hot Halle Berry is. Just when it seemed like they might have forgotten about her.

However I have noticed she is strangely able to cause momentary lapses in racism where ever her image appears.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 01-21-19 at 16:47.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post

However I have noticed she is strangely able to cause momentary lapses in racism where ever her image appears.

Haha..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This morbid part of me wants to see Halle Berry in her F me boots hit up a Klan rally.

The thirst would be epic. They’d forget why they so pissed off.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    And I continue to be the only guy in the room to see Halle Berry and go ".... meh".

I see this a strike against the franchise, not because I think she ruins a movie or anything like that, not true, Its just now I have to hear every slovenly retard, on every job site from Now til the day Wick 3 hits the walmart $5 bin, go on and on about how hot Halle Berry is. Just when it seemed like they might have forgotten about her.

Today, yes. A decade ago or so, she was stunning creature, but time waits for no one. I'm sure she will look great in this movie, but I bet it still sucks
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Are you gents referring to movie number four The Bourne Legacy (2012) with Jeremy Renner or movie number five Jason Bourne (2016) where they brought Matt Damon back?

Technically those are number five and six in the franchise if you count the original The Bourne Identity TV (mini-series) from 1988 but meh.
    I'm referring to the last movie with Matt Damon and Tommy Lee Jones, which I only saw because it was available free through one of the online streaming services. I haven't seen the Jeremy Renner one yet (it hasn't come up on the streaming services I'm subscribed to).

Quote Originally Posted by sundance435 View Post
    Terminator 2 is kind of the penultimate, more modern example for me (even though that bad boy is now over 20 years old). Then someone always brings up "Predator 2", which I didn't think was that bad.
    I like Aliens better than Alien.

Pretty sure Lucas always intended for Star Wars to be a trilogy, but as WillBrink pointed out with the Matrix, he wasn't sure the studio would make more than 1 if it didn't perform well.
    As I recall, from reading everything I could get my hands on as a kid about Star Wars, it was never meant to be a trilogy, in the sense that there was no overarching story that would take three movies to tell in 1977. In fact, George Lucas hadn't decided that Darth Vader would be Luke's father until about half-way through filming The Empire Strikes Back. And Leia wasn't Luke's sister until mid-way through filming Return of the Jedi. The actor and appearance of the Emperor was not finalized until they started seriously working on Return of the Jedi (which was a year or so after The Empire Strikes Back).

Until at least ESB, the character of Anakin Skywalker, the one voiced by James Earl Jones, was: last name Vader, first name Darth. His title is, "Lord," not, "Darth," and his full name and title is, "Lord Darth Vader." (An artifact of this is when Sir Alec/Obi-Wan calls his former student, "Darth," as though it was his given name.)

Similarly, Luke and Leia kiss in ESB because Luke and Leia were not brother and sister - yet. And the hologram of the Emperor in The Empire Strikes Back was an amalgam of an old woman and a monkey. It was changed later, after Return of the Jedi came out.

IOW, there may have been a plan to make a trilogy, but the thing was basically made up entirely as they went - and constrained by their budget (which wasn't nearly as massive as those of the prequel or sequel trilogies). A New Hope wasn't A New Hope until after there was The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. It was just Star Wars. And Star Wars went from being Star Wars: A New Hope to Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope in the 1990s, after Lucas had started working up the prequel trilogy. And I don't think I need to remind anyone that Sebastian Shaw's Anakin Skywalker was replaced by Hayden Christiansen's in Return of the Jedi after Revenge of the Sith came out.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Terminator 2 is kind of the penultimate, more modern example for me (even though that bad boy is now over 20 years old). Then someone always brings up "Predator 2", which I didn't think was that bad.
    Alien and Aliens, the sequel that I think everyone thinks is the best in the franchise to date.

ETA: lolz I posted before I saw this reply
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I like Aliens better than Alien.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 01-22-19 at 05:39.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Got this from Sig today. Sig guns in recent movies and streaming...

https://www.sigsauer.com/john-wick-c...nt=John+Wick+3
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The March issue of Blue Press has two short articles on John Wick. Both are interviews with Taran Butler John Wick's Gun Coach and Jade Struck.

There is a group picture of Reeves (looks very thin and without any muscle mass),Taran Butler, Jade Struck (who isn't to shabby), Stahelski (director), Maggie Reese (ladies multigun Champion)
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 02-07-19 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks good!
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)

"What do you need?"
    "Guns. Lots of guns."
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast