Thread: Eight hour (!) P&S Modcast on nothing but 1911s

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    I didn’t hear any bad mouthing of Bill or Ryan Wilson.

I knew a fellow Marine in the reserves who worked at Wilson Combat in the early 2000’s, he had no kind words for Bill Wilson at all.
    It was definitely implied. Not them personally, but Wilson mags and pistols. Wilson’s assembly line process let’s them crank out pistols very fast, unlike other high end 1911 production shops. Also they are a major mag manufacturer using plastic followers.

All I have to say is kudos to Wilson. They understood that scaling production without losing quality is how you turn a profit. I don’t knock them for that.

There was a lot of knowledge dropped in the podcast but there is definitely some bias as well.

Let’s take a look at why - Chambers worked under Marvel, whom gave Nighthawk rights to build some of his models/use his signature features. Chambers also developed some red dot mounting solution and it seems Nighthawk is now doing that. They all run in the same crew so it’s no surprise they all endorse it. Also note, there’s nothing wrong with that, as that is the nature of this business.

Re: plastic followers

Just about every major manufacturer uses plastic followers these days. Big whoop. Wilson mags work.
    Last edited by beschatten; 02-09-19 at 05:05.