Thread: Burris XTR II 1-8 & Steiner P4Xi 1-4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Burris XTR II 1-8 & Steiner P4Xi 1-4

So I'm taking a serious look at both, however I always like to hear from "end users" the 1-4 for an AR, and the 1-8 for a .223 bolt gun or AR, ranges in the 300-500yd range.
    Thanks
    Last edited by mildot; 01-18-19 at 07:31.

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Shouldn't be hard to find a review about the steiner. Lots of rave on several forums. I will be trying mine out in a couple months at a 5k run n gun. Nice scope so far though I have only done some sight in. Been playing with reticle in strelok trying to get my load to work with the reticle drops.
    Last edited by joedirt199; 01-23-19 at 18:56.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Shouldn't be hard to find a review about the steiner. Lots of rave on several forums. I will be trying mine out in a couple months at a 5k run n gun. Nice scope so far hough I have only fone some sight in. Been playing with reticle in strelok tryjng to get my load to work with the reticle drops.
    Thanks, small world, I just downloaded Strelok Pro on the weekend and was trying a few things out. I used 77gr Nosler Custom Competition (60023) and it didn't line up too badly, I run it in my HK416 14.5".

Your right found lots of good reviews, with my eyes "red dots" are on there way out. I think I'm going to get both. the Steiner for the HK and the Burris for a .223 bolt gun.

Keep in touch, I may?? have some questions on using Strelok, LOL

Stay Safe

Cheers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own the 1-5 and 5-25 XTR2 scopes and find them to be really good values.

5-25 sits on my RPR 6.5 the 1-5 is on my 450BM hunting AR.

I was pleasantly surprised by both in clarity of glass and build quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I own the 1-5 and 5-25 XTR2 scopes and find them to be really good values.

5-25 sits on my RPR 6.5 the 1-5 is on my 450BM hunting AR.

I was pleasantly surprised by both in clarity of glass and build quality.
    Thanks for the input, I'm wondering if I should consider something in the 2-10 power range? although I'm thinking the 1X8 will be enough for me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think you'd miss the 1x more than you'd notice the difference between 8 and 10x.

I have a Leupy 3x18 that is the cats ass for my aging eyes, which is the next logical step for what I prefer.....

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have the Burris 1-8 on an AR. I really like it. It's not Night Force, but it's good glass at a reasonable cost.

Feedback Score
    I would take 1X capability on both. 1X is invaluable if you ever need or want to take a shot at running game.

I have a Steiner 1-4X on a 16" carbine and love it. I sold the Aimpoint PRO that used to sit on it and don't miss it at all.

I've run a significant number of reps of various CQ drills with both sights and the recorded times don't lie. I'm equally fast with both. The Steiner's advantages are several:
    1. Crisp dot
    2. Ability to magnify images
    3. Ability to easily compensate for trajectory beyond max point blank range

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    The Steiner works well for me. Daylight bright red dot. Upside down Christmas tree reticle, much like the ACOG. A caveman can make 500m hits with this optic, and quickly. And its fast up close at 1x. Sample of one, but I haven’t managed to break it yet, and I’m planning on buying a couple more.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.