Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AR10 upgrade buffer&spring - opinions?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mic2377 View Post
    Start with a standard weight rifle length buffer and stock rifle length spring. Tune from there. These parts are cheap and you will likely find that the rifle runs fine, and often times the rifle length buffers and springs may shoot a little "softer" than the carbine length systems anyways even without any fancy buffers.
    Do you have any recommendations ? On brands or websites

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Most 308 AR carriers are longer. If a rifle RE is used, a rifle buffer will be too long. An A5 or carbine buffer is needed along with the right spacer.

308 ARs with carbine stocks usually use an A5 type RE and a carbine length buffer.
    I just saw ur comment - and now I’m confused lol. How do I understand what I have ? So the gun started with the same length buffer tube (carbine or milspec ) as the .223 - installed the rifle buffer tube and Magpul stock and now trying to figure out the next step on what’s needed using that buttstock ..
    Last edited by 2NaDZ; 01-18-19 at 12:55.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2NaDZ View Post
    Do you have any recommendations ? On brands or websites
    I'd check out Slash's Heavy Buffers. I've had good luck with it on my Armalite.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I don't have access to a Diamondback 308 AR to take some measurements, but you do.

It came from the factory with an AR-15 receiver extension and a buffer. How long is this buffer?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I'd check out Slash's Heavy Buffers. I've had good luck with it on my Armalite.
    Thanks man

Feedback Score
    I don’t have it in front of me but the buffer and spring is shorter then a normal .223 which always had me stumped 🤔. I believe the spring was only 25-26 coils and the buffer was slightly shorter then the .223s

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It's possible that Diamondback doesn't follow the SR-25/DPMS standard for their BCG and it's between AR-15 and DMPS LR308 length.

I searched their website for a 308 buffer, and didn't find one. Their BCG seems to be made by Azimuth Technology, but the product page doesn't mention to what standard (if any) it meets.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    It's possible that Diamondback doesn't follow the SR-25/DPMS standard for their BCG and it's between AR-15 and DMPS LR308 length.

I searched their website for a 308 buffer, and didn't find one. Their BCG seems to be made by Azimuth Technology, but the product page doesn't mention to what standard (if any) it meets.
    Hmmm what would you suggest ?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you provide the length of the factory Carbine buffer or bolt carrier, we can let you know if it meets the original DPMS standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    If you provide the length of the factory Carbine buffer or bolt carrier, we can let you know if it meets the original DPMS standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ok cool, I’ll compare the 2 when I get home and measure the .308 - thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast