Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s with Midway USA?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Wow. I've not ordered in quite some time too... That's too bad. I loved their bullet sales for reloading. Used to get great deals from Midway.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I quit ordering from them. Tired of stuff showing up in padded envelopes trashed.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I quit ordering from them. Tired of stuff showing up in padded envelopes trashed.
    This was a shock. I actually ordered so many thing from them in the past that I have tons of stuff stored in the old boxes. Couldn’t believe how this brace showed up. I don’t know of many similar examples of such great companies falling from grace like this.

I actually sent a email through their customer service link. I’ve done this maybe twice ever. Just got a response. Sounds generic.

Thank for your email regarding a recent order. I apologize for the condition in which your package has arrived. Furthermore, I am sorry that you are not satisfied with our current product selection. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to improve the customer experience.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CST. You may also email us at customerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Nichole
    MidwayUSA Customer Support
    Last edited by OldState; 01-21-19 at 19:54.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sounds like they have a cash flow problem and/or are using temporary help to fill gaps.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    I've ordered a lot from Midway. I've dealt with more than one lengthy back order on bullets of varying flavors. Everything else however was shipped almost by the time I went to log off... ok, maybe not that fast, but pretty close. On the whole, no complaints about them.
    My experience pretty much mirrors this one. I’ve never had an issue and I’ve ordered lots from them.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I've never had an issue ordering from MidwayUSA, but I have definitely started ordering way more from Brownell's, lately.

I have had things come from MidwayUSA in the padded envelopes and also find it annoying, but since nothing but the packaging has been damaged, I haven't really had a problem with it - and the packaging usually gets binned. My understanding is that the use of padded envelopes is part of the cost of MidwayUSA's cheaper (than it was five-plus years ago) shipping.

Brownell's has gotten waaay better than they were, say, ten years ago or even five years ago: Things are cheaper, they ship faster, shipping is cheaper, and the constant barrage of 10% off coupons is nice. Plus Brownell's supports C&Rsenal, Forgotten Weapons, and InRangeTV. And their warranty/return policy is awesome.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Sounds like they have a cash flow problem and/or are using temporary help to fill gaps.
    Not seeing any sign of either one. I think that Larry Potterfield just decided he wanted to maximize income regardless of other factors and this is his strategy. Pretty common that a well-regarded successful business shifts to a profit focus at some point and the fundamentals of its success deteriorate. At one time Sears was THE place to buy tools, ya know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12