Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How often to replace lower parts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Dial it back my friend. Assuming what you are stating is true, you will find like minded people here. You wouldn’t walk into a new ODA and start pissing in the coffee pot.

On a side note welcome to the forum.
    I have to ask, why did you decide to wait most of a full day and then make a snarky comment to me about something that I said, and then cleared up with a restatement of said comment?! Just to clear things up one last time, I’m not the one that pissed in someone else’s coffee, that was done to me.

As for my credentials as a Special Forces operator, I’ve been vetted by the Guardians of the Green Beret when I was on Facebook just for this very reason and am a member in good standing of the Special Forces Association, which is limited only to those that have proper SF credentials.

So, From what I’ve seen of these “industry professionals” I’ll say farewell and good luck. Now it’s time for me to get some sleep, then it’s back to enjoying the SHOT Show. To any moderator, please delete my membership in this forum, it’s not worth my time.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Para554 View Post
    I have to ask, why did you decide to wait most of a full day and then make a snarky comment to me about something that I said, and then cleared up with a restatement of said comment?! Just to clear things up one last time, I’m not the one that pissed in someone else’s coffee, that was done to me.

As for my credentials as a Special Forces operator, I’ve been vetted by the Guardians of the Green Beret when I was on Facebook just for this very reason and am a member in good standing of the Special Forces Association, which is limited only to those that have proper SF credentials.

So, From what I’ve seen of these “industry professionals” I’ll say farewell and good luck. Now it’s time for me to get some sleep, then it’s back to enjoying the SHOT Show. To any moderator, please delete my membership in this forum, it’s not worth my time.
    Settle down, it's the internet. Things get lost in translation.

BTW, no offense, but nobody cares about your or anyone's else's credentials. You could be a kid sitting in his mom's basement in his underwear trolling us for all we know. Put up a good argument and people will listen. Put out lots of them and people will tend to listen to you, like I listen to Gunz and Stick. I've been reading their posts for years on this forum and I tend to trust them for that fact.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post

My iPhone XS Max is better than your android!
    You're absolutely correct, my Android is a POS. Wish my old lady would let me buy an "X Model" lol!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Good point and one I overlooked. Again this is cheap insurance and if it was me, it would be getting replaced.

Not that it wears out all that frequently, but as long as you are pulling the FCG, the disco spring is part of that cheap insurance. However, I’ll happily point out that the disconnector spring isn’t something we see fail often. More often than not, it’s installed incorrectly if there is a problem.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I can't tell if it is possible that you took my comment honestly this far out of context, or if you are a troll looking to stir trouble, but there is nothing even close in my comment which suggests anything of a derogatory nature. For clarity, what I commented to you was:

"Dial it back my friend. Assuming what you are stating is true, you will find like minded people here. You wouldn’t walk into a new ODA and start pissing in the coffee pot. On a side note welcome to the forum."

Based on my comment, you felt a need to delete your membership? That seems more than a little odd, but is certainly your prerogative. Regarding waiting a day to respond to your post, I simply hadn't seen it. No agenda, nothing snarky.

Now I get an email with a link to another board where you imply you are banned from here by creating a thread title of "Banned from a different forum". Both ar15.com and this board have plenty of people who have animosity towards the other board, but to pretend that you were banned after you posted, "To any moderator, please delete my membership in this forum, it’s not worth my time." is out right obscene. Most people would call it make believe.

You write in your off board thread that you were weren't wrong when you posted, "Unless you think that they’re worn out or it just makes you feel better there’s no need to replace anything in the lower. None of it wears enough to worry about, and you will most likely wear out a few barrels before you’ll wear out the parts in the lower. I have several ARs that have tens of thousands of rounds through them and nothing has been replaced." You are wrong. There is a reason firing schedules and timelines are kept, and routine maintenance is conducted by both the military and LE departments. If absolutely nothing else, you check the main action spring (buffer spring). If you were an armorer or gunsmith you know this is true. You don't give your people weapons without doing checks, which is part of why I can't help but wonder if this is a troll thread simply designed to stir trouble.

Next on your thread you state, "That’s when, a full day later, another “Industry professional” decided to tell me and anyone that was listening that a) my time in Special Forces was likely not true and that those years in SF meant nothing and then went on to tell me that I was dead wrong. A note here, apparently “industry professional” on this forum means a lot of responses and little else." Is it possibly you are having that bad of a day? Is it that you are deluded? Or is this an intentional act of make believe? I never stated your SF time wasn't true, and there is nothing even close to me saying your SF time means nothing. Regarding the childish comments regarding IP being based off responses, I'll help clear that up to you as well. The admin here were briefed regarding my military and LE careers, the instructor ratings I have attained, the work I have done within the firearm industry, and the articles I have written for major publications. My work within the industry is known to industry persons far and wide. Unlike yourself, I didn't feel a need to bring up the schooling, training, rating or experience that I have to make a point. None of which still changes that you are 100% incorrect when you state, "there’s no need to replace anything in the lower". Not only are you wrong, but you are wrong to a level that is obscene.

To anyone else reading this, you have my apologies for making this reply in the weapon forum, but it seemed appropriate as this is where the ridiculous comments were based. Now all we have to do is wait for paid shills to get involved, as I doubt the gentleman is willing to debate the above.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Since you felt the need to post this on TOS and show your ass, let's clear the air. You were not banned. If you had been banned it would reflect that under your screen name. In fact, your own post above asks to be deleted which we generally don't do. You are free however not to log-in as no one puts a gun to your head and forces you to do so.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To anyone else reading this, you have my apologies for making this reply in the weapon forum, but it seemed appropriate as this is where the ridiculous comments were based. Now all we have to do is wait for paid shills to get involved, as I doubt the gentleman is willing to debate the above.
    Where can one apply for paid shill work? With the market downturn I've had to cut staff and I miss Esmeralda and Pierre. Maybe a part time job is in the cards.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Where can one apply for paid shill work? With the market downturn I've had to cut staff and I miss Esmeralda and Pierre. Maybe a part time job is in the cards.
    Typically for the style I am referring to, the company owner contacts the person, tells the, what to post, them gives them cash or product.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234