Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about pressures regarding suppressed Vep

Feedback Score
    If flash suppression is all you're after, I'm not sure if going with a silencer is worth the trouble and cost. One of the better flash suppressors out there might work just as well, from the shooter's perspective.

FWIW, we did some shooting at night with NVGs and this is what I remember: there seemed to be more flash with the can than with the nicer aftermarket flash hiders. This may or may not help though, because my memory was as an onlooker viewing from the shooter's muzzle's 9 o clock. visibly, without NVG, the flash was a long thin stream from the can and just a few forward and the occasional out-angled spark from the flash hider.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    If flash suppression is all you're after, I'm not sure if going with a silencer is worth the trouble and cost. One of the better flash suppressors out there might work just as well, from the shooter's perspective.

FWIW, we did some shooting at night with NVGs and this is what I remember: there seemed to be more flash with the can than with the nicer aftermarket flash hiders. This may or may not help though, because my memory was as an onlooker viewing from the shooter's muzzle's 9 o clock. visibly, without NVG, the flash was a long thin stream from the can and just a few forward and the occasional out-angled spark from the flash hider.
    Wow, I never considered any flash coming from the can. I honestly have never shot one of my cans at night. Was pretty much the whole reason for suppressing my lwrc and the Vepr. Now, I do run a can on my Ruger Scout 308 for just the ear protection when hunting. I suppose I need to shoot a few rounds at night with my nvgs to see what I see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12