Thread: Question about pressures with a suppressed LWRC

Feedback Score

Question about pressures with a suppressed LWRC

So guys, probably could use an LWRC expert here for this one.

I'm wanting to run my LWRC M6A2 I purchased back in 2008 with a Crux Nemesis338 suppressor. I know their new platforms have adjustable gas blocks which prompted me to even inquire about this but, should I be worried about over gassing my baby?

I tried researching what I could but all I really determined was that she will run but cycle rate will increase. I'm thinking long term here I guess in that I don't want to do any damage to her in the long run. I know that LWRC sells a more heavy duty buffer spring. Should I go ahead and get one or would it be a waste of money? If I did buy one, would it just be a band-aid for future problems I may have? Or perhaps maybe I'm worrying here for nothing.

The suppressor does have a bigger opening than your standard 556 can. I'm no suppressor expert so I can't really say if a bigger diameter can would generate less back pressure or not, but thought I would put it out there.

Thanks guys.....

Feedback Score
    I would contact LWRC Customer Support. My LWRC rifles all have adjustable gas blocks, and so do not have to worry. I purposely bought them with suppression in mind.
    I have used CS in the past and have always been treated great. They adjusted the gas port on my REPR to tune it to my specific can free of charge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I did. Haven't really been able to get a straight answer from those guys. Granted, my call was really more on unpinning my flash hider and installing my Crux one on, but, I guess I should try again. I believe they were the ones who told me about the cycling rate increasing but did they go right out and say there would be no long term effects, well, no. Perhaps in this case and well written letter to them would give better results. It least then they would be able to pass it around from person to knowledgeable person rather then some poor guy getting a phone call and a question he wasn't 100% sure about.