Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Mebbe time to say farewell to AK rifles..?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Same....I dunno why either. Doubt I will.

Actually, part of me wishes I had a Howa Type 89. Just because they look weird.
    The Type-89 is probably the most AR-18 like AR-18 derivative. Put a 16" barrel on the AR-18, modify the mag well to work with unmodified AR-15 magazines, and the folding stock either swapped with a fixed stock or an aluminum or steel tubular deal with plastic and rubber where it's supposed to interface with human. Oh, and a two-position gas system, one position to function with lower pressure Japanese domestic ammo and the other to function with American/Australian NATO-spec ammo.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I’ve got one century I need to dump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh, Century? Good luck lol.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I have my 2 AR rifles in different configurations. Then I have a 11.5" BCM AR-15 pistol. Each serves a purpose.
    I have 2 AK 47's and 2 AK 74's. 1 of each is traditional wood furniture and iron sights.
    The other are somewhat accessorized. AK 74 has M4 adjustable stock and RSR with RDS, AK 47 has synthetic furniture with RSR and RDS.
    Wife has laid claim to the traditional wood AK''s as HER's.
    I have come to carrying the AR 15 Pistol w/RDS and BUIS as my ride with me truck gun.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    I have my 2 AR rifles in different configurations. Then I have a 11.5" BCM AR-15 pistol. Each serves a purpose.
    I have 2 AK 47's and 2 AK 74's. 1 of each is traditional wood furniture and iron sights.
    The other are somewhat accessorized. AK 74 has M4 adjustable stock and RSR with RDS, AK 47 has synthetic furniture with RSR and RDS.
    Wife has laid claim to the traditional wood AK''s as HER's.
    I have come to carrying the AR 15 Pistol w/RDS and BUIS as my ride with me truck gun.

I'd dump the 74's if you only have two and add a couple more AKM's- then modernize them. It's not like 5.45 ammo is sitting on the shelf at the local gun shop, it's restricted primarily to online purchases only. However 7.62x39 is extremely common and is about the only non NATO cal I'd consider keeping in a collection long term. Plus having AKM's purely for a long term SHTF scenario is always a plus.

M
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-11-19 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I'd dump the 74's if you only have two and add a couple more AKM's- then modernize them. It's not like 5.45 ammo is sitting on the shelf at the local gun shop, it's restricted primarily to online purchases only. However 7.62x39 is extremely common and is about the only non NATO cal I'd consider keeping in a collection long term. Plus having AKM's purely for a long term SHTF scenario is always a plus.

M
    I also predict that a reasonably priced AR47 rifle like PSA's will increase demand for x39 ammo and overall popularity of the rounds and need for AK mags etc.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah PSA's PSAK47 GF3 is on sale through tomorrow noon for $599 shipped. Very tempting, my only AK experience is a WASR I owned for about a year back around 2012.

I don't quite get all the ruckus about AKs though. I thought they were just loose tolerance crap boxes made in tractor factories so not sure why they seem so hard for Americans to build correctly.

Feedback Score
    Changed my mind, all you need is a quality AK and a Glock.

M
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-13-19 at 09:41.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M
    5.45 was never really sitting in stores anyway. I couldn't walk into any store and buy it. Only one carried it and it was sporadic.

Feedback Score
    Overall the AK is the best SHTF rifle ever designed.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Overall the AK is the best SHTF rifle ever designed.
    You’re drunk. Give me your keys.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast