Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Mebbe time to say farewell to AK rifles..?

Feedback Score
    Delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-03-20 at 00:05.

Feedback Score
    I'm not nor ever was a soldier nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night so you'll have to forgive my ignorance on the matter. Where in the real world(outside of torture tests) will a gun ever see these types of scenarios? Fully submerged in that muddy slop of the wheel barrow or the always mentioned beach test?

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    I'm not nor ever was a soldier nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night so you'll have to forgive my ignorance on the matter. Where in the real world(outside of torture tests) will a gun ever see these types of scenarios? Fully submerged in that muddy slop of the wheel barrow or the always mentioned beach test?
    There's a metric butt-ton of gun owners that are so out of touch with reality that I'm shocked they make it out of a store without being denied or flagged as a whacko.

A lot of guys buy a bunch of crap they barely ever, if ever, actually use. They'll keep quoting videos and saying "they know SF guys that said X", and then show you their home built AR with Airsoft brand butt-stocks cause it's just as good as.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You don’t carry a rifle in a wheelbarrow full of filth? What’s your plan for when gangsters roll up on you while you are gardening? If your rifle can’t work underwater, how do you defend yourself in a pool?

I bet you don’t even have maritime spring cups in your Glocks....
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Some people go hogging. Hogging happens near bogs. Some people are getting older. Sometimes those people get ambushed by gopher holes. Sometimes these people face plant in the mud. Sometimes they'd rather keep hunting than wuss out and go back to the truck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Some people go hogging. Hogging happens near bogs. Some people are getting older. Sometimes those people get ambushed by gopher holes. Sometimes these people face plant in the mud. Sometimes they'd rather keep hunting than wuss out and go back to the truck
    But even in that scenario, isn't the guy likely to drop the rifle, quickly go "Oh, Shit!" and grab it out of the muck as fast as possible, brushing as much crud off it as he can while continuing to scan for the target? And if the guy goes face first into the goo then prolly he's going to be more worried about boggy creek getting into his mouth than his rifle. I just don't see much of a scenario where a gun is going to get completely submerged unless it's one of those video torture tests.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    But even in that scenario, isn't the guy likely to drop the rifle, quickly go "Oh, Shit!" and grab it out of the muck as fast as possible, brushing as much crud off it as he can while continuing to scan for the target? And if the guy goes face first into the goo then prolly he's going to be more worried about boggy creek getting into his mouth than his rifle. I just don't see much of a scenario where a gun is going to get completely submerged unless it's one of those video torture tests.
    But what if he drops it as the hogs start charging at him? No time to wipe away the muck

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    But what if he drops it as the hogs start charging at him? No time to wipe away the muck
    Good point. Still, is it likely to get completely submerged and immediately go back into combat? In your scenario he sees his weapon hopelessly in the junk and decides to RUN!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ....I fell in the mud, okay? There. It happened.
    I was innabog and it was dark and I totally fell in and came out looking like Swamp Thing. I didn’t feel like going back to the truck and something had to die. My [REDACTED 308 AR] was totally gooped but I got all the stuff off by hand wiping and proceeded to shoot some boar. I had to wash it down when I got home and soaked it in CLP. I was even using the Israeli Pmags and it ran like a champ.

Had I insisted on a FAL or a G3 then my hunt would have been ruined and I would have spent all night cleaning it.

Foreign weapons are toys. It’s stuff you get to be different. ARs have never had hypemen until fairly recently. They been chumped out, sabotaged, and unfairly judged but the simple fact is they work. People don’t like things that just work. They like to be different and unique and get caught up in a guns politics or history.
    They want to stand out.

And me, I just wanna hit stuff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    Good point. Still, is it likely to get completely submerged and immediately go back into combat? In your scenario he sees his weapon hopelessly in the junk and decides to RUN!
    No. He switches to his 1911 or Glock.

ETA I joke about getting a Para FAL and joining AOCs Love Contras and setting up a Meso-Americans Mercenary ethnostate but the simple fact is...,

I’m not getting a FAL. I have an HK91 I keep because I got a good deal on it and rarely shoot it. When I DO get time to shoot, I wanna actually shoot so I stick with my AR stuff.

The only guns I own I go outta my way on for cool points are my Garand and my 1911. But even those are ....hobbies. I won’t say “toys” because one day I firmly believe I will have to go toe to toe with the Waffen SS, a Nipponese Banzai charge, or a million screaming Red Chinese and the only apropos gun is a Garand
    Last edited by Firefly; 02-19-19 at 10:06.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast