Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Mebbe time to say farewell to AK rifles..?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    No. He switches to his 1911 or Glock.

ETA I joke about getting a Para FAL and joining AOCs Love Contras and setting up a Meso-Americans Mercenary ethnostate but the simple fact is...,

I’m not getting a FAL. I have an HK91 I keep because I got a good deal on it and rarely shoot it. When I DO get time to shoot, I wanna actually shoot so I stick with my AR stuff.

The only guns I own I go outta my way on for cool points are my Garand and my 1911. But even those are ....hobbies. I won’t say “toys” because one day I firmly believe I will have to go toe to toe with the Waffen SS, a Nipponese Banzai charge, or a million screaming Red Chinese and the only apropos gun is a Garand
    Can't switch to 1911 or Glock. They're not piston guns!!!!! Reliability = 0

Only options are BRNO FK, PSP, Hudson H9
    Last edited by Arik; 02-19-19 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Can't switch to 1911 or Glock. They're not piston guns!!!!! Reliability = 0

Only options are BRNO FK, PSP, Hudson H9
    I know. I suck. I will never be in Spetsnaz or the Selous Scouts. And somehow life will go on.

I will never be a rugged man with steely blue eyes carrying his trusty FAL.

I will have to take my rank with the other bicurious people and their lameass SR-25s. So, I’ll see you all at Pride! Except 7n6. He’s keeping Africa huhwite

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You don’t carry a rifle in a wheelbarrow full of filth? What’s your plan for when gangsters roll up on you while you are gardening? If your rifle can’t work underwater, how do you defend yourself in a pool?

I bet you don’t even have maritime spring cups in your Glocks....

I hadn't thought of that, or heard of maritime spring cups. I'm so behind the eight ball. I just have to figure out how to keep it in my shorts while doing flips off the diving board. Don't wanna be the pool version of that FBI agent at the bar.
    Last edited by Kevslatvin; 02-19-19 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Some people go hogging. Hogging happens near bogs. Some people are getting older. Sometimes those people get ambushed by gopher holes. Sometimes these people face plant in the mud. Sometimes they'd rather keep hunting than wuss out and go back to the truck
    Fair enough.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    I hadn't thought of that, or heard of maritime spring cups. I'm so behind the eight ball. I just have to figure out how to keep it in my shorts while doing flips off the diving board. Don't wanna be the pool version of that FBI agent at the bar.
    I bet your one of like 3 sober people in this thread. Probably spend your spare time shooting guns instead of pouring mud in guns you don’t shoot.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I bet your one of like 3 sober people in this thread. Probably spend your spare time shooting guns instead of pouring mud in guns you don’t shoot.
    *sips Mr. Pibb*

Gopher hole ambushes are real, sir.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevslatvin View Post
    I'm not nor ever was a soldier nor did I sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night so you'll have to forgive my ignorance on the matter. Where in the real world(outside of torture tests) will a gun ever see these types of scenarios? Fully submerged in that muddy slop of the wheel barrow or the always mentioned beach test?
    If people didn't do this then what would people argue about on the internet?

Feedback Score
    There is a special place in my heart for AK rifle.

Feedback Score
    I'm in the same boat as the op. IMHO it's time to move on. Sell the Chicom and use the funds to get a quality optic for your AR.

Feedback Score
    Wow, this one is even better than the other dumpster fire.
    Now, somebody needs to go start one in the handgun section, maybe glock vs 1911, or sig vs borchardt.
    Why the broomhandle is better than an hk.

I hadn't been keeping up with AK prices, there's still a wasr in the safe, with a straight front sight, even. Fetching that kind of cash, it might be time to go...........
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast