Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Mebbe time to say farewell to AK rifles..?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    More for me I guess, and I have been increasing my AK collection. They’re accurate enough and excellent mounting solutions such as RS Regulate have evened the playing field.

I love the 5.45, yeah it’s not as common on the shelf as 7.62, but I cant remember the last time I bought bulk ammo from a brick and mortar, online prices have them beat almost every time.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post

I love the 5.45,
    Strangely enough, so do I. If Speer made a Gold Dot for it, that would be fantastic. Or maybe a Barnes. But with full pressure equivalent to 7n6, unlike most commercial loadings that are lightly charged, much like steel .223. Also, I wish I could find proper milsurp mags for as cheap as I can for an AR. I actually enjoy my Saiga 74 conversion, I just feel that its a relatively heavy dead end of weapons evolution. Attempting to modernize it adds even more weight. The modularity of The AR15 and its DI operation make it the weapon to beat until we get another leap in technology, which I’m pretty skeptical of, anyway.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    You’re drunk. Give me your keys.
    Not drunk, but definitely in the Goldilocks zone.

Feedback Score
    Strangely enough, so do I. If Speer made a Gold Dot for it, that would be fantastic. Or maybe a Barnes. But with full pressure equivalent to 7n6, unlike most commercial loadings that are lightly charged, much like steel .223. Also, I wish I could find proper milsurp mags for as cheap as I can for an AR. I actually enjoy my Saiga 74 conversion, I just feel that its a relatively heavy dead end of weapons evolution. Attempting to modernize it adds even more weight. The modularity of The AR15 and its DI operation make it the weapon to beat until we get another leap in technology, which I’m pretty skeptical of, anyway.
    DI isn't a feature- perhaps AR mags and rifles are cheap for a reason.

This rifle on the other hand is the only one that will pass the extreme environmental tests.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/799273391
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-13-19 at 09:38.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    DI isn't a feature- perhaps AR mags and rifles are cheap for a reason.

This rifle on the other hand is the only one that will pass the extreme environmental tests.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/799273391
    We’ve heard plenty at this point about extreme environmental tests. Some of us have actually carried and used rifles in some pretty crummy environments, professionally.

DI absolutely is a feature and gas pistons are one of the reasons the 416 is more front heavy than the M4A1. And perhaps part of the reason it sucks with a suppressor.

Edit: seriously? $2300+ for an AK?
    Last edited by 1168; 02-13-19 at 09:50. Reason: Add

Feedback Score
    We’ve heard plenty at this point about extreme environmental tests. Some of us have actually carried and used rifles in some pretty crummy environments, professionally.

DI absolutely is a feature and gas pistons are one of the reasons the 416 is more front heavy than the M4A1. And perhaps part of the reason it sucks with a suppressor.

Edit: seriously? $2300+ for an AK?

None of the AR variants passed the extreme environmental tests that the AK-103 did. I don't care what the military uses since they have access to the best ammo and are being followed around by armorers. The best rifle that exists on the civilian market in overall reliability- is the AK.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-13-19 at 10:09.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    DI rifles won't pass an over the beach test. None of the AR variants passed the extreme environmental tests that the AK-103 did. I don't care what the military uses since they have access to the best ammo and are being followed around by armorers. The best rifle that exists on the civilian market in overall reliability- is the AK.
    Dudes working in small units in remote places are not “followed around by armorers”. Do you take your rifle swimming? I have...
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Dudes working in small units in remote places are not “followed around by armorers”. Do you take your rifle swimming? I have...
    Two tests specifically that the AR will not pass; an over the beach test and the 1986 Swat Magazine extreme cold weather test.

The AK is the better overall rifle in terms of shear reliability.

Extreme cold weather test.
    https://www.scribd.com/doc/215884687...est-April-1986

Non professional over the beach test.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZGDYN81-3c
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 02-13-19 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Still on 1986? Nothing has advanced since then?

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Still on 1986? Nothing has advanced since then?
    The AK hasn't.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast