Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Mebbe time to say farewell to AK rifles..?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Wow, this one is even better than the other dumpster fire.
    Now, somebody needs to go start one in the handgun section, maybe glock vs 1911, or sig vs borchardt.
    Why the broomhandle is better than an hk.

I hadn't been keeping up with AK prices, there's still a wasr in the safe, with a straight front sight, even. Fetching that kind of cash, it might be time to go...........
    Handgun sub-forums are where it's out. No lie, doesn't matter which gun forum you are on. The most douchebaggery you could ever hope to see happens in handgun sections lol. We have some epic threads here, one on the G19 and the other sub-compacts that give this and the other thread a run for their money.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mr. Vickers certainly has a point, but recently down in Houston, a homeowner was invaded by four armsmen (there was a 5th driver). There was a firefight. With an AK, he killed 3 and wounded 2.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Mr. Vickers certainly has a point, but recently down in Houston, a homeowner was invaded by four armsmen (there was a 5th driver). There was a firefight. With an AK, he killed 3 and wounded 2.
    Someone used a rifle effectively to kill and wound?

Wow, you have some gems today.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Larry Vickers posted in this thread? I’m not seeing it (searching pages now ...)

Feedback Score
    In a nutshell, why I gave up on AK's:

https://modernsurvivalonline.com/the...ke-the-plague/

Gasp!” you say. “How can he disparage the most reliable of reliable gun, the vaunted and loved AK?!” “Why, an AK hammered together over a campfire is the most reliable artifact of man ever created, and will outlast even the pyramids!”

Easy does it there, and I hate to rain on your parade but AK’s, especially cheap AK’s, are fallible because they are made by man, and their reputations as universally invincible and reliable rifles is what makes guns in this category so dangerous.

Yes, it is generally accepted (and correct) that you can get a quality rifle of equivalent grade cheaper in the form of an AK than you can an AR. But the trouble starts when folks head out to their local gun shop or gun show and start thumbing through racks of $325 AKs thinking they will get a rifle that will carry them to the end and then some.

The plain truth is that you can make anything too shoddily to work, even a design as robust, simple and amicable to rough production as an AK. Guns in this class, as typified by the abysmal IO Inc. toasters, are simply made too poorly to be worth anything. Yes, they may shoot. Yes, they may even get through a whole magazine, but I can solemnly assure you the honeymoon period will be short lived, due to poor assembly, improper heat-treating, mismatched parts, and a host of other issues.

Companies like this frankly live and die off the backs of the romantic AK fans, the ones who think that you can put a bag of AK parts over a fire, hammer it good, poor it out and enjoy a hard-running combat rifle after you spit on it and wipe it down with a greasy rag.

You can make a primitive gun out of scrap and in short order with completely unskilled labor, but an AK is not one of them. Spend a little more and enjoy a rugged, reliable rifle that Kalashnikov intended.
    And yes, I'm including Arsenal in this category, because I've witnessed so many just flat out stupid QC issues to make me doubt their overall quality.

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-03-20 at 00:08.

Feedback Score
    Keep the AK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    We should re-name the "Other semi-automatic rifles" section to- "Stop liking what I don't like".
    Point of order: I like SAN rifles and those CZ brens.

If I cared about 7.62x39; I'd get a bren

Feedback Score
    delete
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 08-03-20 at 00:08.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I've been considering dumping all weapons that originated in design prior to the 1970's- an actual modern era collection.

M

You should keep your SAR-1 to remind yourself why AK’s suck. That’s what I keep mine for.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 30 of 37 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast