Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Preferred Aimpoint T 2 Mount

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreyman View Post
    I want recommendations for detachable Aimpoint T 2 mount and Aimpoint Pro mount.Thanks for your help.

When it comes to QD mounts, Bobro wins.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    If you want a QD mount then LaRue Tactical it what you want. If you like the 1990's technology of not having a QD mount then Giessele or Scalarwoks is what you want.
    +1

I have found through experience that ADM mounts also return to zero within 1/2 MOA, at least my Recon does.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    When it comes to QD mounts, Bobro wins.
    What makes them superior to others?

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Nothing. They just cost more so people think they are better.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have had Larue, ADM, Geissele, among others.

Larue, I don't like due to the clamping method - hard to adjust and while others love them, I don't.

ADM has been my go to for awhile, for scopes and RDS. Easy to adjust but be aware, you want the locking lever TIGHT. I have found if it's too easy to remove, you don't have it tight enough.

I am trying my first Geissele for my Aimpoint Pro and so far I like it. Seems rock solid but again, you need to have the nut turned 1/4 past finger tight, so it's not really QD IMO.

In fact, I think the whole QD trend is kind of overblown from a utility standpoint.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Scalarworks and Geissele are the two I'd recommend.

The Scalarworks is pretty easy to remove with its thumb screw style mount if that's a requirement. It's also very lightweight if weight savings matters to you and has no levers or nut/bolts sticking out to snag on stuff. If your looking to swap between different rifles then this would be a good option

The Geissele is heavier but no doubt bombproof. I'd go this route if you plan to mount the RDS and leave it there. Geissele also has more height options currently.

Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Larue, I don't like due to the clamping method - hard to adjust and while others love them, I don't.
    This has been my experience as well. They tend to dig into the upper receiver when tightened down and they don't seem to have nearly as much surface area contacting the receiver. I never had issues with losing zero with mine but felt there were better options available so sold mine.
    Last edited by Rogue556; 01-20-19 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    A lot to choose from. I took the easy route and ordered my Aimpoint from LaRue including their LT660 mount.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 01-20-19 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    Larue's design, a camming taper that engages the underside of the rail, is by far the best solution to accomodating the variation present in rails that conform to MIL-STD-1913's GD&T.

Just my opinion as an engineer.......

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Scalarworks has the best mount ive used thus far.

The Bobro is too damn wide at the base........
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    LaRue, Geissele, or Scalarworks.

I have a LT660 for my CompM5, and had one for a T1 I had. Worked great and no marring, but many have had marring as mentioned (very minor and nothing to worry about). Some of the other QD offerings seem to stick out too much for my liking. Preference really; all the mentioned ones work just as well.

I have a NF in a Geissele. It is solid, built tough as nails, and no play whatsoever in the rails when not tightened. I have no doubts their red dot mounts are equal in quality.

I have read good things about Scalarworks. Quite a few SME's recommend them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast